Photohab (sharing your flickr photos)

Skyline

Emmet Brickowski
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
My wife and I both enjoy photography. To us it is just a hobby. If one of our photos end up in a paper or in a calendar, well, that's always nice. We don't make any money out of our hobby, neither do we ask for any if we take photos for someone.
Although this isn't a huge deal for either of us it might be for some that put their photos on flickr. I'm just curious if THIS place are allowed to show all your photos and say you can take what you like and download them in whatever size you like.
On flickr my settings say, Who can download your images (including originals)? I have clicked Only me. But on this site it seems on my photos HERE (scroll down) you can download them in any size you want.
This is their ABOUT page.
As I said, I'm just curious if this site is allowed to do this?

Last edited:
Straight answer... No.

You cab send a DMCA notice, but I think someone ought to contact their webhost as what they're doing is illegal in the US.

Straight answer... No.

You cab send a DMCA notice, but I think someone ought to contact their webhost as what they're doing is illegal in the US.

Ok, thanks. I've contacted Flickr and let them know about it.

Are they linking to flickr or have they downloaded the pics? if it's linking just replace your pics with stolen from flickr in big letters or a nice fresh doggy do-do... ;)

And it seems they add insult to injury by making their DMCA policy page advising how to let them know "by writing to the designated agent stated below" but I could not readily see said agents name..

They state you need to supply your full name and contact details with a digital signature!!!!

If as you say they are somehow harvesting images then encouraging copyright infringement by third parties. Surely organisation like Flickr need to slap them down soonest???

Edit ~ I wonder if, as they state they are a photo search engine site, though they are providing a function to download copyrighted material their position is that the downloader undertakes responsibility for accepting any infringement??? If so, does that of reinforce the need by Flickr and others to act!

Last edited:
I have no particular wish to defend this place, but the impression that Flickr give that you can somehow protect your photos from being downloaded just by ticking a box on their site is very misleading. If your picture can be viewed at a particular size, it can be downloaded at that size. My pictures are generally on a CC license anyway, but for just this reason, I never upload anything larger than 2048 on the long side to photo sharing sites like Flickr.

Back