Photojournalism magazine?

lindsay

Admin
Name
Lindsay
Edit My Images
Yes
Back in the 70's I regularly read Life magazine, which was full of great photojournalism, covering a lot of the war in south east asia at the time of course. I was wondering what would be a good option nowadays for similar global photo-journalistic content?

Thanks, they look promising

The weekly "Top Shots" on the Radio Free Europe (RFE) site are worth a look.

New York Times “Lens” ?

I was prompted by writing something about Larry Burrows, who shot for Life in Vietnam and whose work I admire, ditto Don McCullins war photography, but there have been others that then came to mind, so I started wondering about current photojournalism publications. I'll check out the ones suggested above, thanks.

New York Times / NYT Magazine are the ones the stand out, but US centric (understandably). Here's a recent photo essay and article I liked:

They had some good long form essays on the 20-year anniversary of the Iraq war as well:

NYT is behind a paywall but it's worth it imo.

In the UK, FT Weekend are my go to for photo stories, they're always commissioning interesting photographers.

An unlikely source would be newsletters - many photographers I admire and follow use Substack and they post long form journals every now and then

New York Times / NYT Magazine are the ones the stand out, but US centric (understandably). Here's a recent photo essay and article I liked:

They had some good long form essays on the 20-year anniversary of the Iraq war as well:

NYT is behind a paywall but it's worth it imo.

In the UK, FT Weekend are my go to for photo stories, they're always commissioning interesting photographers.

An unlikely source would be newsletters - many photographers I admire and follow use Substack and they post long form journals every now and then
NYT uses lot of photos and many of their reports could be classed as photojournalism.

It is paywalled but a free subscription gets a number of free ’reads’ per month. Currently the subscription is £2 monthly for a year and this can be continued indefinitely by cancelling at each renewal.

Any links?

Any links?

From my current subs:

https://interloper.substack.com/

From my current subs:

https://interloper.substack.com/

Thanks. I'll have to dig deeper. :)

Brilliant recommendations, thanks guys

Back