photomad c/c

photomad

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
leaf3.jpg

im ready for you all tonight and what ever is said i will take it gracefully.

im really trying hard

I think the picture is OK, but would have been better if you could have avoided the 'glare/shine' on the leaf - perhaps by taking the shot from a different angle (slightly to the left).

Well I will try hard too. The leaf. It should be pointing down should it not. I think I can see what you were after though with the water droplets on the leaf. The yellowing leaf behind tends to draw my eye a bit too.

yes i see what you both mean will try again tomorrow. no doubt more rain will fall ha ha

I've darkened it quite a bit to make the droplets stand out more.

leaf31.jpg

You need to see the subject in a picture - yours is a leaf but it is dead central and an important part of it is cut off at the edge... the tip! That all makes it less interesting.

Look at the rule of thirds in the tutorials section as one way of improving the composition.

Nice and sharp though ;)

edit: I've assumed you forgot to tick the box in your profile to allow edits. I'll remove this if it was not an oversight

Nice and fresh well done. Good to see the crap weather isnt stopping you.

:agree: with just about all the comments made.

Nice pic to start with, just a few things like the tip of the leaf. Just needed a contrast boost and a sharpen to improve it :)

i dont mind people editing my pics.

please tick the box.

how did you darken it so nicely.

i have photoshop 7

There are a few different ways. One of them (and probably the easiest) is to go
Image >> Adjustments >> Brightness & Contrast and then up the contrast and lower the brightness. Probably not the best way but it works. Remember not to overdo it though.

Another useful thing is Unsharp Mask. Filters >> Sharpen >> Unsharp Mask.

:)

Hmm...Tis a little bit soft. Really if you're not using a tripod you should try and keep shutter speeds above 1/125th or around that. Using ISO 200 would have helped here :)

i took it on auto.. naughty me please dont shout.

i was using my new camera fugi 5700 and when i set the aperture to the ones ewan told me to which worked excellent on my other camera all i got was a whit blurry pic. any ideas where i went wrong

new camera though give me a week or two!!

Pfft :p The basics of photography apply to all cameras. Shutter speed, aperture value, ISO, etc. It should take you 5 mins :p Also, its Fuji not fugi unless there really is some random company called fugi selling cameras.

dont want to start a row here. but. is the pic sharp or soft.

it must be one or the other

i will take roberts c/c ha ha

but everything else taken on board

Personally,

It does nothing for me, it doesn't look very sharp. Above and bottom left of the leave are rather distracting. Maybe a different angle?

Pfft :p The basics of photography apply to all cameras. Shutter speed, aperture value, ISO, etc. It should take you 5 mins :p Also, its Fuji not fugi unless there really is some random company called fugi selling cameras.

Marcel said:
No posting argumentative comments or remarks, or those aimed to invoke a negative reaction.

Hey photomad.

To avoid soft pictures you should check what shutter speed the camera is using when you're using auto or aperture-priority. There's nothing wrong with auto, as long as it gives you the result you're after, but it doesn't give you much control.

Try this:
Use aperture priority, set the aperture you want, focus on the subject, and then check what shutter speed the camera has given you. If it's below 1/200th, then stick the ISO up. 1/200th should be enough to prevent softness from slight subject movement or camera shake (unless you're really shaking!). Another useful thing is to view the pics on camera just after you've taken the shot and zoom in (if you can do this with your camera) to make sure the shot is sharp.

Hope this helps,

Ewan

Its defiantly soft, but the main problem is you have the image rotated the wrong way, if you look at the water droplets and the way they are starting to move tells you its wrong.

See what i mean if you rotate it the correct way it looks a lot more appealing, and sharpen it up.

leaf31.jpg

cheers

try again tomorrow and thanks as always for your positive comments

(y) (y) (y)

i did take the pic as it was but your right it does look better the other way

I don't get you quoting the rules? I clearly had :p :p

I'm sorry, I just think making fun of someone because they're less skilled in photography than you isn't helpful. You've already posted to say "it looks soft to me" without posting any advice or suggestions - how is this meant to help people improve their pictures?

I don't want to start an argument, I just wish we could forget about the previous incident with photomad and treat her like any other forum member without making unhelpful comments when she asks for C&C on her images.

Its defiantly soft, but the main problem is you have the image rotated the wrong way, if you look at the water droplets and the way they are starting to move tells you its wrong.

See what i mean if you rotate it the correct way it looks a lot more appealing, and sharpen it up.

leaf31.jpg

That looks a lot better :)

Something isn't right. The above image ^ looks all pixelated on the 'veins'? Or is that just me? Maybe it's a workflow problem?

Something isn't right. The above image ^ looks all pixelated on the 'veins'? Or is that just me? Maybe it's a workflow problem?

Dont forget the image is only 800 pixels and I had to apply adjustments and a mega sharpen, if it was applied to the original it would be a whole lot better.

thanks for all the comments guys.
more postings soon

thanks guys post more stuff soon

I'm sorry, I just think making fun of someone because they're less skilled in photography than you isn't helpful. You've already posted to say "it looks soft to me" without posting any advice or suggestions - how is this meant to help people improve their pictures?

I don't want to start an argument, I just wish we could forget about the previous incident with photomad and treat her like any other forum member without making unhelpful comments when she asks for C&C on her images.

I was treating her like any other member. I take the mickey outa everyone :p Anyway, she said she preferred Robert's advice saying it looked sharp so it wouldn't have mattered either way :p

For a compact or bridge camera the sharpness is fine and could be improved in software enough for anyone but those that choose to be picky.

I've not read all the previous discussions that have lead to the tone of comments in this thread and don't know who is to blame - but I can't help feeling some of those involved should know better.

Hopefully some learning in more ways than one will come of it.

For a compact or bridge camera the sharpness is fine and could be improved in software enough for anyone but those that choose to be picky.

I've not read all the previous discussions that have lead to the tone of comments in this thread and don't know who is to blame - but I can't help feeling some of those involved should know better.

Hopefully some learning in more ways than one will come of it.

Having been a bit rude to Photomad myself the other evening ( for which I apologise) I totally agree with you Robert.

Back