PhotoProShop.....anyone used them???

Edit My Images
No
I have discovered they are one of only two sources of a Kirk product, the other is Wex who have listed it as special order compared to PhotoProShop saying 2-5 days.

They are a German based company, but oddly as far as I could tell very limited reviews???

I bought a Markins tripod base plate from them and all went well
Admittedly that was in pre Brexit times so without any import duties or customs checks.

Last edited:
I bought a Markins tripod base plate from them and all went well
Admittedly that was in pre Brexit times so without any import duties or customs checks.
Thanks for your insight :)

I surmise putting an item in the basket and seeing the delivery costs will 'cover' the importation aspect. IIRC they mention using DHL for deliveries.

Thanks for your insight :)

I surmise putting an item in the basket and seeing the delivery costs will 'cover' the importation aspect. IIRC they mention using DHL for deliveries.
I wouldn't be surprised if DHL deal with the duty which you then have to pay before taking receipt of the item.
That's what happened to me for something I bought from the Netherlands post Brexit.

This is from the DHL FAQ's

Duties and taxes are charged by Customs in the destination country and the receiver is responsible for paying them.
To make it simpler, DHL will pay the charges on the receiver's behalf and collect payment from the receiver either before or on delivery.
Generally, we are unable to deliver parcels until these have been paid.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if DHL deal with the duty which you then have to pay before taking receipt of the item.
That's what happened to me for something I bought from the Netherlands post Brexit.

This is from the DHL FAQ's

Duties and taxes are charged by Customs in the destination country and the receiver is responsible for paying them.
To make it simpler, DHL will pay the charges on the receiver's behalf and collect payment from the receiver either before or on delivery.
Generally, we are unable to deliver parcels until these have been paid.
On a side note... .

I have bought directly from OM Systems and their price was 100% inclusive by UPS with nothing else to pay.

So will have to see what I learn if I start the order process and any ref to import duties?

On a side note... .

I have bought directly from OM Systems and their price was 100% inclusive by UPS with nothing else to pay.

So will have to see what I learn if I start the order process and any ref to import duties?
Huge area of uncertainty, factor in the import cost and you might be pleasantly surprised.
At least that way you won't get a nasty shock, hope it goes well.

Huge area of uncertainty, factor in the import cost and you might be pleasantly surprised.
At least that way you won't get a nasty shock, hope it goes well.
Ok I have 'tested' by putting it into the cart and selecting UK.....

It has become an excluding tax figure rounded to €75 Inc delivery

So I surmise I need to anticipate paying Vat @20% and a DHL import duty handling charge.....the vat I can work out....but the import etc charge???

Back