Photoshelter

Edit My Images
No
Hi

I am looking for service that offers the sale of prints in the UK and handles sale of downloads for personal use.

I really like this site http://pa.photoshelter.com/

The features are very good. However the prints sales are biased towards the US. Does any one know a similar service that has a UK lab and distribution netork and prices in £.

Any recommendations welcome.

Many thanks.

TBH I'd be very wary of a service like that, as you will be putting your reputation in the hands of someone elses business, what if the prints come out rubbish, or they send someone elses print to your customer. I prefer to handle order processing myself and get the prints delivered to me so I can check the quality before sending them out. OK, it adds a few more days, but I know that my customers are getting the best quality.

What printing service, or what ordering service?

Ordering is done by email and Google Checkout invoices, until my site is fully finished. Prints are done by DigitalPFP

I know this is dragging up a thread from the past, but I'm in the process of moving my images over to Photoshelter, so will be using their interface, but still printing with DigitalPFP.

And dragging it up again lol.. I'm also looking for a Photoshelter like UK operation. Other than Zenfolio, which I think uses photobox (I'm not keen on the quality) is there anything else?
Alternatively does anyone know of a printer that's good, has some form of online ordering and offers small and large size prints, so I can just get photoshelter and manually do the photo sales? I looked Digital PFP but it seems their smallest is 12x8, and for the pictures I'm going to be selling, people will maybe buy one or two that size but others will probably be smaller to put in frames for the office etc? I envisage that most sales will be to UK clients, some to the US/Germany and a few to South America. The South American ones I can print locally (I'm in Argentina at the moment).

Thanks a lot in advance,
Liz

Any of the usual suspects would be suitable for printing, there's loads of threads with people's experiences.

I prefer to see the prints myself anyway rather than having them sent straight to my customers.

Also have a look in the Photoshelter forums, there are quite a few UK people on their too.

Thanks, I also would prefer to see the prints first, but at the moment I'm in South America so no can do sadly. Shots would be taken of people from UK/USA/Europe who are on vacation and want to get prints sent to their home.
Will go and have a look in the forums for this,
Thanks
Liz

Back