Photoshoot w/ Vivian

Name
Brittany
Edit My Images
No
Vivian is planning on trying out for a model and talent search in the city that I live in, but in order to sign-up she needed to have a few pictures of herself to present to the scouts/judges/people-in-charge so she contacted me to help her out! I really wanted to try some simple studio fashion-type shots and we both agreed that it would be a great way to start her modelling portfolio, as she's never modelled before. So, here are a few from the shoot :)
3345551562_d77f937feb.jpg

3345560610_a5237fdebe.jpg

3345557874_9c8fee0d8c.jpg

4. I realize that her shirt is a liiittle bit bright... but I'm pretty happy with how the rest of the shot turned out.
3345554652_0a3346294f.jpg

3346301526_2e3fc2b917.jpg

3344728827_ffdbf117bd.jpg

Model: Vivian
Styling/Make-up/Hair: Me
Photography: Me

Last edited:
Vivian will without doubt have a good career in modelling if she wants it!
Great selction! Thanks for sharing

Kelv

3 & 6 for me - i love this kind of shoot.

Lovely model too (y)

Some of those poses look at little forced, or perhaps just unnatural, to me. Your model clearly has the ability to work the camera, with a good snapper as you've shown here and how fall into natural poses is the bit that can be learnt, having "the right look" can't and that's there in plentiful supply.

Number 4 is a really nice close up but the pick of the set by a mile for me number 3. Top stuff indeed. :clap:

Excellent shots, couldn't really pick a favourite. The PP is really to my tastes too, quite subtle. What did you do, PP-wise, to them if you don't mind me asking?

No's 3 & 4 for me, number 3 especially is superb.

Excellent shots, couldn't really pick a favourite. The PP is really to my tastes too, quite subtle. What did you do, PP-wise, to them if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks! If you can believe it, I didn't really retouch her skin very much at all. No blurring or use of any filters at all. She had beautiful skin to begin with! I just removed any obvious imperfections with the patch tool and lightened the shadows under her eyes with the dodge tool (set on a very low opacity & on shadows) and anywhere else where shadows caused her skin to look a little ruddy. I did the same with the burn tool but went lightly over the areas where it was too bright, and where it caused the skin to look uneven.

After that I just adjusted the contrast, curves and colour balance. I also darkened the areas where I wanted the shadows to be deeper, like around her jaw line and eyes with the burn tool and I lightened a few highlight areas like her eyelids, eyes and hair with the dodge tool. The last thing I did was burn the corners of the picture lightly to created a soft sort of vignette.

I hope that all makes sense and answers your question!

Just as everyone else has said really; great shots, some of the poses look a little awkward and the light is a little harsh sometimes.

As I've said before I really like your style and your flickr is full of great stuff!

Thanks! If you can believe it, I didn't really retouch her skin very much at all. No blurring or use of any filters at all. She had beautiful skin to begin with! I just removed any obvious imperfections with the patch tool and lightened the shadows under her eyes with the dodge tool (set on a very low opacity & on shadows) and anywhere else where shadows caused her skin to look a little ruddy. I did the same with the burn tool but went lightly over the areas where it was too bright, and where it caused the skin to look uneven.

After that I just adjusted the contrast, curves and colour balance. I also darkened the areas where I wanted the shadows to be deeper, like around her jaw line and eyes with the burn tool and I lightened a few highlight areas like her eyelids, eyes and hair with the dodge tool. The last thing I did was burn the corners of the picture lightly to created a soft sort of vignette.

I hope that all makes sense and answers your question!

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing more of your work. :)

These are really very nice I am liking the pose in 3, and 4 is a really nice facial shot, and I just prefer it close like that.
She is a very atractive model.

Very very nice.

3, 4, and 5 are great, they show the natural relaxed state, however I do feel 6 looks a bit too...posed? The hand on the hip is telling me that if I look up Im gonna see a more...moody face, such as a pout or maybe even looking up to the corner of the ceiling and smiling. But it's still great as it is.

I am in no means a professional, and in my opinion your work is definitely better than mine, so yeah, great!

On the model: Vivian is very pretty and has lots of character. I'm sure she'll do very well if she really wants to :)

Last edited:
Back