Photoshop and Lightroom 5 CC Offer

Adobe have played a blinder with CC. It's a marketing master class, it set off as a big ugly option for its biggest corporate customers for easier volume licensing, adding a single product option that wasn't particularly good value for existing customers. Then they added the limited offer for photographers who we're existing customers, and now a cheap option for other photographers.

Exactly what everyone was shouting for when CC was announced, comes out when they've fleeced all the customers prepared to pay the early adopter premiums.

And of course photographers are known to be suckers for an early adopter premium.

Oh bum I would have gone for that, when I bought my macbook a month ago the previous offer had finished so I went for light room 5 and elements 12
Never mind am really pleased with light room anyway

Oh bum I would have gone for that, when I bought my macbook a month ago the previous offer had finished so I went for light room 5 and elements 12
Never mind am really pleased with light room anyway
They still stop working when you stop paying though, so I wouldn't be that unhappy. ;)

Not a bad price if you have not already shelled out before for PS. They had this offer on before when it was to run out at the beginning of Dec 2013. I expect not enough people have joined yet hence doing the offer again.

They still stop working when you stop paying though, so I wouldn't be too unhappy. ;)

Yes good point actually I mainly now just use photoshop for sharpening ect and do most things in lightroom:)

Last edited:
They've had an £8.78 offer on for almost 5 month now, by the time the current offer ends it will be 6 months. They keep extending or reviving them. I wonder if this indicates they aren't getting the numbers they targeted or it is just some sort of test on the market.

They've had an £8.78 offer on for almost 5 month now, by the time the current offer ends it will be 6 months. They keep extending or reviving them. I wonder if this indicates they aren't getting the numbers they targeted or it is just some sort of test on the market.
This is different from the previous offer which was only available to those with a previous Photoshop license.

This is different from the previous offer which was only available to those with a previous Photoshop license.
No this is one of two offers that has been available before. It started a few months ago and ran until December some time initially.

I can't remember exactly when but it was only a short duration but then it got extended by a week or so.

Last edited:
[e="Rs500chad, post: 6083321, member: 66455"]I like your bike mate. Any pics?:)[/quote]

Thanks havent am afraid but good idea will take some when we get some decent weather and post them up:)

They started with having to buy the whole CC suite, or one CC program at a large cost. Then there was a discount if you had CS3 or newer. Then the had the offer of of Photoshop and Lightroom on special offer until 31st Dec, and wouldn't say what their costs would be after that date. And now the offer carries on, and I think may be even slightly cheaper, as I seem to remember £9.99 (though I could be wrong). Who knows what they will do next.

The PR from Adobe would have you think they were looking after the Photographer. Other more cynical person could think that things weren't going for Adobe as planned with their subscription model. ;) Otherwise why not look after the photographer from the beginning. :thinking:

The actual offer is a good deal, as for just over the cost of Lightroom on its own you get Photoshop, apart from the fact that the software stops working when you stop paying. :rolleyes: As long you are aware of that, and can keep up the payments, it should be OK.

I think they've just stumbled upon a price point that's working for them. I suspect they've taken on a lot more subscribers rather than less, and that's why they are continually extending and opening up the offer.

They started with having to buy the whole CC suite, or one CC program at a large cost. Then there was a discount if you had CS3 or newer. Then the had the offer of of Photoshop and Lightroom on special offer until 31st Dec, and wouldn't say what their costs would be after that date. And now the offer carries on, and I think may be even slightly cheaper, as I seem to remember £9.99 (though I could be wrong). Who knows what they will do next.

The PR from Adobe would have you think they were looking after the Photographer. Other more cynical person could think that things weren't going for Adobe as planned with their subscription model. ;) Otherwise why not look after the photographer from the beginning. :thinking:

The actual offer is a good deal, as for just over the cost of Lightroom on its own you get Photoshop, apart from the fact that the software stops working when you stop paying. :rolleyes: As long you are aware of that, and can keep up the payments, it should be OK.
The discounted £8.78 price for PS CC and LR5 has been the only offer price I've seen since the beginning of September. I think people got it wrong when they were saying £9.99, the UK price was always £7.14 + VAT.

When they introduced the new offer for a few weeks in November/December the only thing that appeared to change was the fact you no longer had to have a legit copy of PS CS3 they opened it up to anyone. I'm not sure if that offer ended on December 8th as advertised or whether they have extended it from that point until now.

I think they've just stumbled upon a price point that's working for them. I suspect they've taken on a lot more subscribers rather than less, and that's why they are continually extending and opening up the offer.

I guess it could be that, maybe sales dry-up when they stop the offers. I know a good few people that have taken it up at the reduced price.

IIRC somewhere I saw $9.99.

It's not something I'd want as I'm not happy with the concept of licensing software, not at all keen on subscription models, and don't really want to give Adobe my CC details. Yes, I understand licensing principles with software and use 'licensed' software, but as far as possible always try to 'own' the medium it's save to.

IIRC somewhere I saw $9.99.

It's not something I'd want as I'm not happy with the concept of licensing software, not at all keen on subscription models, and don't really want to give Adobe my CC details. Yes, I understand licensing principles with software and use 'licensed' software, but as far as possible always try to 'own' the medium it's save to.
What do you mean 'as far as possible always try to 'own' the medium it's save to'? You could 'own' the medium if you wanted to.

What do you mean 'as far as possible always try to 'own' the medium it's save to'? You could 'own' the medium if you wanted to.

I prefer to have purchased software on an original disc, rather than the present situation I have with Windows 8 pro and OSX 10.8, where they were bought as a download.

I just tried to sign up and found this pricing on the Adobe site...

View attachment 5153

Just a bit worrying if this is what I will be charged once the first year deal is over!

Last edited:
Update...
View attachment 5155

Note the phrase "then-current price of the offering". This would suggest that the price in year two will be up to the advertised list prices sans introduction offer deal.

Note the phrase "then-current price of the offering". This would suggest that the price in year two will be up to the advertised list prices sans introduction offer deal.
This phrase has been pondered on forums for months. The general consensus appears to be that it's just Adobe covering themselves as they don't know if prices will actually rise, or by how much (they could in fact fall - unlikely I know), and they're not going to commit themselves to a lifetime fixed price - understandably. If the price does rise substantially then they'll lose a large number of subscribers.

I prefer to have purchased software on an original disc, rather than the present situation I have with Windows 8 pro and OSX 10.8, where they were bought as a download.
Ah I see, not something that bothers me in the slightest. Can't see a problem with the download model myself.

Update...
View attachment 5155

They've changed the wording here: http://www.adobe.com/store/en_us/popup/offer/ccm_photoshop_app_offer.html

(Above page/link is reached by clicking 'terms' on the offer page here: https://creative.adobe.com/plans/offer/photoshop+lightroom?store_code=gb&locale=en)

Back