Photoshop CC & Lightroom 5 $9.99/month Offer

I only own the student edition of LR4 and was thinking of upgrading to LR5 anyway, so this is a no brainer for me. I get LR5 and PS6 for a year at £8.78 a month, which is not a lot more than what I would have spent to upgrade to LR5 anyway. At the end of the year, if they put the price excessively up I'll just go back to using LR4 and wait and upgrade to LR6 when it comes out.

No - not used it, I might take a look when I get some quiet time - but it wasn't a deal breaker either way for me.

Nor me but.... ;)
I am looking towards building a new site. Nothing too fancy. .Roughly its gonna cost about £50 for space... Now if i could get photoshop for a little more and still have web space...

I use LR4 and PSE 9 with plug ins and tend to upgrade very 2/3 years; to LR5 and PSE 12 it would currently cost c£110. Assume I leave it another 2 years the subs would be c£210 (will the upgrades cost this?) so surely it is all about whether i need full blown PS? For full blown PS it is a 'no brainer deal' but do i need it or want it :thinking:

This presents an interesting view

http://www.chuqui.com/2013/07/adobes-creative-cloud-should-you-or-shouldnt-you/

I've been on the cloud for a while now and it's working well for me. On a cost basis, short-term it's a no brainer, longer term it's hard to gauge. Updates have been regular and painless.

I only own the student edition of LR4 and was thinking of upgrading to LR5 anyway, so this is a no brainer for me. I get LR5 and PS6 for a year at £8.78 a month, which is not a lot more than what I would have spent to upgrade to LR5 anyway. At the end of the year, if they put the price excessively up I'll just go back to using LR4 and wait and upgrade to LR6 when it comes out.

I didn't think Adobe were allowing upgrades that jumped versions. I.e LR 4 to 6?

I took the plunge today.

I already have LR5 so have just downloaded Photoshop CC for £8.78 per month.

All looks good so far!

Mark

I didn't think Adobe were allowing upgrades that jumped versions. I.e LR 4 to 6?

Where did you hear this? LR remains a standalone package outside CC.

I took the plunge and up to now have been very pleased with it, had a look at the Behance stuff and not sure if I will use this. Photoshop and Bridge are CC and Lightroom is standalone on my PC.

I'm in exactly the same position. I've now signed up at £8.78 a month. :)

Is the LR5 the same LR5 you get retail or does it have any cloud based changes to it?

I have (paid) LR5 currently but im not sure whether or not to jump on this deal.
It's the same version as far as I can see. I too have the retail LR5, but I've decided to take the jump anyway - it's a couple of coffee's a month, offset against the next upgrade of LR (which I certainly would take).

it's just £8.78/month when you sign up for a one-year plan

The above from the Adobe website is what I believe to be most important line, it looks like the £8.78 is for 1 year only, after that Adobe will be able to increase prices to whatever that want.

The above from the Adobe website is what I believe to be most important line, it looks like the £8.78 is for 1 year only, after that Adobe will be able to increase prices to whatever that want.

Go back and read earlier posts in the thread. This issue has already been covered.

That's correct, but you also become a Beta tester as well, because they no longer do a raft of updates every 12-18 months or so that have been Beta tested.

There is also a school of thought that says Adobe are finding innovation harder, and new features will slow down, especially without the impetus of an impending need for a load of eye catching features to attract new users and upgraders.

....I was invited to be a pre-release tester for Adobe way back at the birth of their CS Creative Suite, in fact earlier than that with the very first version of InDesign. The work was, and is, continuous and with only a couple of weeks break as each version is released publicly. Development never stops. I opted out after CS4 because of other time commitments.

The Adobe ethos is not as you seem to imply. The aim has always been to offer what users need and to do so in a variety of different ways but to the same result as we all have our own individual way of working.

It isn't an aim to find new "eye-catching" features but merely to evolve and coordinate the software suite - It's a living thing. It's up to you what you do or don't achieve with it. Personally, I'm not interested in using a Cloud structure nor paying ongoing subscriptions. Just get a dedicated external HD and stay in control of your own stuff if you're not happy.

Dpreview have got this wrong! It will not rise to $19.99 per month.
Perhaps this is the price, after 2nd December, but the $9.99 price is ongoing and will not expire after the 1st year.
Yes that's the way I read it also. DPReview is the only place that has taken that interpretation.

I was just in the process of upgrading to Elements 12 to get RAW support for a new camera so I'll subscribe to this for a year & see how it goes. If Adobe take the **** with prices next year I'll just revert to my copies of PSE 11 / LR4 :)

for me,. either I buy something cheaper or subscribe. seems like a good route.
most options don't quite have the functionality and most places, should anything professional be required seem to prefer Photoshop or capture one.
so this looks pretty good to me

The most recent offer, for people that do not have a previous version etc, is now extended until December 8th

I am not quite sure if this is the correct place to put this, I have downloaded photoshop cc/lightroom/bridge, do I need to download any other apps, which is included in my £8.78 per month.

I am not quite sure if this is the correct place to put this, I have downloaded photoshop cc/lightroom/bridge, do I need to download any other apps, which is included in my £8.78 per month.

If you download the creative cloud desktop app, you'll be able to see, what you can install and what you can try.

I can see them like for example scout cc/touch plugins etc, I don't have a clue what they do though.

Took the plunge, was about to buy Lightroom 5 and PSE 12 but though hey ho for that price I get an upgrade to full PS (I know I never own the software) but I will always want to upgrade to the latest goodies . If it all goes sour I'll just buy Lightroom on the version I go off subscription on so I can access and use my catalog.

£8.78/month.... I spend more than that on dust in a month!

Original offer, i.e. must own a previous legitimate version of PS, CS3 or higher, has been extended until February 2014 now.

I am considering this as it has been extended to the end of February, but looking at the terms it could well be more expensive after the first year:

The price is valid for a full 12 months. After that, we'll renew your contract automatically, at the then-current price of the offering, unless you cancel. The price is subject to change, but we will always notify you beforehand.

As I have LR5 already I think I will give it some thought before signing up.

I am considering this as it has been extended to the end of February, but looking at the terms it could well be more expensive after the first year:

The price is valid for a full 12 months. After that, we'll renew your contract automatically, at the then-current price of the offering, unless you cancel. The price is subject to change, but we will always notify you beforehand.

As I have LR5 already I think I will give it some thought before signing up.
There's been a fair bit of conversation on this on the official forums - the line from Adobe staffers has consistently been along the line of "We have to say that because we don't know what might happen in the future, but the intention is not to change the price significantly"

My own view is that they've hit upon a price point that works at $9.99, hence all the extensions, black friday offers etc, and it wouldn't make much business sense to alienate those customers by a significant hike, so I've taken the punt.

Thanks for that - I am downloading (slowly) as I write...

Back