Photoshop Closing down when using Nik Software

Name
Margaret
Edit My Images
Yes
I've encountered a problem when using photoshop and Nik Software. Every time I try to apply a Nik filter, photoshop closes down. I have had a look at a previous post where someone was having the same problem. It was suggested to uninstall Nik and then reinstall it which I did and still it happens. I tried saving the image first and then trying to apply the filter, still the same. It had been working perfectly until recently. I'm using Adobe CC.
Has anyone any other ideas?

Are you using a Mac?

Could you not open the NIK software when in Lightroom ?

That's what I do then take it in to photoshop if I need to.

Could you not open the NIK software when in Lightroom ?

That's what I do then take it in to photoshop if I need to.

Yes, this is the work around I discovered. No idea what changed but guessing it’s something to do with software updates.
Thank you.

Screen Shot 2018-03-04 at 16.48.34.png

Been doing this to me as well,all started a couple of updates ago. I think The Sierra update caused the issue.
In Lightroom all the filters work fine.

I use the Nik Panel that opens up with Photoshop rather than doing it via the filter menu. That way it doesn't crash.

View attachment 121493

Been doing this to me as well,all started a couple of updates ago. I think The Sierra update caused the issue.
In Lightroom all the filters work fine.

I use the Nik Panel that opens up with Photoshop rather than doing it via the filter menu. That way it doesn't crash.

Yes, it did begin happening a couple of updates ago. After posting my request yesterday, I found that I could use Nik via Lightroom without difficulty, odd.
I may have a look at the Nik panel like you have done and see. Thanks for that;)

I use a Mac and must admit I have been having a few strange issues with Lightroom etc over the last few weeks.

Hopefully there will be another update soon that may resolve things.

I updated my IMac this past week, think this the second recent one.

It's caused by the software update. I found this on the Adobe community https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2406666 when it happened to me. Adjust the settings on Nik as shown below and open a duplicate layer BEFORE working with Nik. It's cumbersome but it works.

upload_2018-3-5_8-59-35.png

Back