Photoshop CS2 for Photographers - Martin Evening

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Just arrived today from a bookclub I am a member of.

I had the CS version and the CS2 version is considerably thicker.

Essential reading if you are an intermediate to advanced Photochopper.
Or you could always just ask CT :LOL:

Book here

Martins site here

I'll take that as a huge compliment Bachsy, :LOL: Would that it were true though. I do use Photoshop occasionally, but mainly I use Paint Shop Pro as I'm most used to it having used it since the original version, but I'm still finding new ways to do things all the time. The capabilities of these programmes is so immense, and working methods so varied that none of us is likely to bottom out on the possibilities in our lifetime. ;)

CT said:
The capabilities of these programmes is so immense, and working methods so varied that none of us is likely to bottom out on the possibilities in our lifetime. ;)

I think we all agree with that CT.. :thumb:

I also think the majority of us are only just scratching the surface with them.. :whistling

Be intersting to see what you think about it.....I was looking into CS2 for 'dummies' book..........and I am certainly one of those.

I also have the CS version of Martin Evening's book - also has a good DVD of tutes etc.

P-E said:
Be intersting to see what you think about it.....I was looking into CS2 for 'dummies' book..........and I am certainly one of those.

I just flitted about the CS version and used it as a reference book,
this time I'm going to read it from cover to cover and work through the tutorials.

I'm gonna crack this nut!

Go for it Bachs :thumb: .............then maybe you could post a weekly tutorial ;)

milou said:
I also have the CS version of Martin Evening's book - also has a good DVD of tutes etc.

Ditto...very good, although hard to understand sometimes if you don't understand some of basic techniques.....or like me jump too far ahead in book ;)

I got the CS2 version of Martin Evening's book a few weeks back, and it's already helped me a few things.

I've also got the Photoshop CS2 Book for Digital Photographers which is just as useful.

Both very worthwhile buys for us PS noobs :D

milou said:
also has a good DVD of tutes etc.

I was really impressed with the tutorials on masking hair and merging photos with HDR (High Dynamic Range)

I'm sticking religeously to my plan of reading in order from cover to cover.
I've picked up tips that I missed 1st (and 2nd and 3rd) time around!

CT watch out :naughty:

i use the 'photoshop cs2 book for digital photographers' by scott kelby like biggus. its a great book, full of useful tips, how do achieve results, actual settings to try and its pretty funny too. even though its title says 'digital photography' i was amazed to see just how much this book is orientated around a photographer not a designer. was £28 and worth it for sure.

Back