Photoshop cs6 for a tenner?

Name
Edit My Images
No
OK I'm seeing loads of these on eBay, claiming to be full versions of cs6 going for a tenner. What's the catch? Anyone got one of these and can report back on it?

Worst case scenario just pirated (illegal) copies that will never update; best case scenario part of a 'Group Licence' (not the right name for it) that was designed for employees of a company or similar, it will never update ... neither will qualify for any support.

When CSx was only available on disc there were myriad cheap deals going round. All were knock offs; some were just plain hookey and wouldn't come with support or any updates. Others had various worms and trojans in them to burrow into your machine's innards for no good purpose.
Usual rules apply...if something looks too good to be true, then it usually is.

Worst case scenario just pirated (illegal) copies that will never update; best case scenario part of a 'Group Licence' (not the right name for it) that was designed for employees of a company or similar, it will never update ... neither will qualify for any support.
In which case you may just as well have the latest pirate copy of Photoshop CC, not that I'm endorsing that of course.

Reactions: MDR
Caught myself with an upgrade from 4 to 5 bought from Ebay. reported it to Ebay and got refunded. If it looks to good to be true then?????

If you have a genuine version of any of these you aren't going to sell it for a couple of quid. Even if you buy the real thing I'd be wary of it not having been de-registered properly and would want to be pretty certain before putting any money down.

Back