Photoshop frames??

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
Can I ask why people would want to put a frame on a picture in photoshop?

Not a mount I dont mean............more a proper wooden or metal-looking frame.

Surely you would want to frame your photo properly if you were hanging it on a wall, how the devil would you use this, just put it on the wall as a print on its own, not behind glass?? :thinking:

Well you've got to get something for your 600 odd squids haven't you?

I get the impression that most people who use faux - frames on their photos are doing so only for web viewing - so when actually printing a shot for the wall they do it sans-frame, and add a real frame afterwards.

I don't usually even have the basic black // white | mount // border when I print my photos.

Is that what you meant? :geek:

Exactly! I must be getting more lucid! ;)

I only put frames on for viewing online Janice, do my frames look too much on here? I must admit, they are rather fun to use and I wonder soemtimes if I have overstepped the mark with them ;)

janice-frame.jpg

Marianne said:
do my frames look too much on here? I must admit, they are rather fun to use and I wonder soemtimes if I have overstepped the mark with them ;)

I'm not too hot on them - but frames / borders are really personal preference. Just like the shot inside them, what suits one person will not another. So as long as you are happy with them // enjoy them, I'd stick with 'em!

:LOL: busterboy

LOL at Busterboy!!! :LOL: :LOL:

No Marianne, of course not,. I didnt mean on here. I meant the Photoshop actions.....I just imagined people putting them on their photos before printing.

OOhh I feel awful now! :eek:

I only use borders to show stuff online.I used to use mikes framer but found it looked a bit cheesy after a while and detracted from the pictures ultimately. Mostly I did this because people tend to have garish desktop themes and still view tp forum witht the blue/white colour scheme. (yeuch, it might be opinion but blue/white? so wrong it hurts my eyes and the beautiful works on here)

As you are well aware, the mount and frame are essential to proper viewing of your well crafted shot, balancing colours and adding impact and such like.

I have been guilty of adding drop shadows and titles to prints for sale in a moment of Athena typed madness before. Worst thing is, they sold. Bloody philistines.

Back