Photoshop Generative Fill AI

I think we need to be careful with this as some pictures are just so horrible it's difficult to unsee them. I suppose the tech will get better but at the mo and based just on what's in this thread I think you'd need to be a blind man on a galloping horse to think these are photographs you'd be happy with.

Just my vho :D

Dunno what you mean

Generative fill test 1.jpg

0000123.jpg

0000124.jpg

Last edited:
Impressive results, although I think in this case it has used a stock image rather than rebuild?

Original

Original.jpg

AI

AI.jpg

Graham's post above demonstrates very well why this software is a massive quantum leap towards the end of photography as we know it. Truth, objectivity and reality are completely devalued , and before anyone comes back with the old chestnut that "photographers have always manipulated images" this was obviously far, far more easy to do than it ever has been before. Thanks to some other bloke who posted a photograph on the internet of a road running through a forest.......

Graham's post above demonstrates very well why this software is a massive quantum leap towards the end of photography as we know it. Truth, objectivity and reality are completely devalued , and before anyone comes back with the old chestnut that "photographers have always manipulated images" this was obviously far, far more easy to do than it ever has been before. Thanks to some other bloke who posted a photograph on the internet of a road running through a forest.......

Exactly this. The ease upon which it can be achieved now is insane and made even easier with the object selection tool, whereas before I would use the Quick Selection Tool that would start off good, but ultimately go well past the edges. I think it was literally just a couple of clicks and not only done, but far more than a simple copy and paste, it really does seem to blend it in.

The next big step will be reflections!

I'm being dim. How does it do that?
I think the general concern is on the creative side of things - composition is something that can be done through text prompts, and designing a particular image can just be done from a chair.

Whilst I think there's some truth in that to an extent, I see this as largely irrelevant when it comes to photography as a means to record/make memories as the subjects and context are personalised then.

The other limit is the training of AIs - without fresh input they won't evolve so I think that new styles and innovative photography will continue to prosper as there's no library for an AI to learn from.

The next big step will be reflections!
It already does reflections.

I asked it to add a garden pond to the first image.

Oh and I got a free Drive Courtesy Light

Before

Before.jpg

After

After-.jpg

Last edited:
I mean reflection on your subject, not the AI added subject. Although still rather impressive that it can do this with their imported material.

Back