Photoshop help

Edit My Images
No
I have CS5 (on a disk) and it currently runs on my Windows 8.1 with no problems. It has got to the stage where I need to update my computer, so the question is will my CS5 run on windows 10 or 11?

I am running Photoshop Elements 15 and LR 6.14 without issues on Windows 10 but they have been on there since I bought them. I got a new computer about 18 months ago but couldn't load LR/PS as they are no longer supported by Adobe you have to have one of the new subscription versions. Any way as there were other issues (nothing to do with LR/PS) with the new computer I sent it back and am still using my old one. I did get in touch with Adobe support and they said they no longer had server support for my versions so I couldn't activate them on the new computer and would have to buy the up to date versions which I am loathe to do. I know at some point I will need a new computer and that will require new PP software but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

It may be worth getting in touch with Adobe to see if your version is still supported.

I have seen a portable version of CS4 running on win 10 but I doubt it's a proper Adobe version. No idea where it was obtained or whats been done to it (theres no raw engine) for a start so it's dodgy but other than that it worked fine. So a proper version may run, I'm sure Adobe will know if their version will run on win 10.
Other option is give it a go.

Reactions: TG.
If you're updating your PC, presumably it will be higher spec, PS and Lightroom CC are much more powerful, than when CS6 where around, so I can't see you having any problems with CS5/6

I have CS5 (on a disk) and it currently runs on my Windows 8.1 with no problems. It has got to the stage where I need to update my computer, so the question is will my CS5 run on windows 10 or 11?
My guess is if it works on Windows 8 it’ll work on 10. I’ve not got a computer that’ll even run Windows 11 and I guess that could be where you’d struggle with CS5.

I can understand not wanting subscription software but Adobe Photographers Edition wasn’t a bad price during Black Friday and the latest software is much improved in my view. There are other options which aren’t subscription software which you could change to

...they said they no longer had server support for my versions so I couldn't activate them on the new computer and would have to buy the up to date versions...
So, even if it would install/run otherwise you still couldn't use them? That sucks!
LR6.14 and Elements 15 are much newer than CS5 is...

Thanks for the replies, will just have to see what happens.

I did get in touch with Adobe support and they said they no longer had server support for my versions so I couldn't activate them on the new computer and would have to buy the up to date versions.
It's outrageous really ! when you consider CS6 was around £400 to buy outright, some years back, when it came out. Even if their are no updates, I would still expect it to work being a standalone piece of software, typical Adobe I suppose.

I'm running CS2 on windows 10, so I see no reason for CS5 not to work.

It's outrageous really ! when you consider CS6 was around £400 to buy outright, some years back, when it came out. Even if their are no updates, I would still expect it to work being a standalone piece of software, typical Adobe I suppose.
I agree but that's what Adobe said and no way could I get any concessions from them they just said they no longer have the servers to support my versions. Didn't even offer a discount to soften the blow.

Reactions: TG.
I'm running CS2 on windows 10, so I see no reason for CS5 not to work.
The only reason is if you put it on to a new computer then Adobe won't authenticate it so you can't use it. Believe me I've been there. My LR and PSE work fine on my current computer because they were authenticated back when I bought them but as I said when I loaded them onto a new computer I couldn't get them authenticated so they wouldn't work couldn't get past the start-up please enter your code message. Fortunately I'd kept my old computer with them loaded and authenticated so when I set it back up there were no issues.

Thanks for all the replies, sorry for not getting back sooner, but as most laptops don't come with a disk drive I needed for that to arrive.

So in answer to my own question I have got CS5 installed and from the the little time I have spent with it it all seems to be working OK. Now I just need time to get back into it.

Spoke to soon whilst all was OK when I first installed it, it now says invalid product code. Any ideas?

Back