Beginner photoshop is playing silly buggers

Name
jason
Edit My Images
Yes
Wherever I click my laptop mousepad whilst in photoshop, the curser is about 2 inches away. So, if im clicking on one of the drop down tools across the top, its normally one 2 tabs to the left that drops down. If I click on the photo with a brush tool or clone stamp etc, its about 2 inches away from where I want to work. WTF is going on?

No replies yet? So, this is what PS is doing. I click on the eyes with a brush tool and the point of contact is about 2" NW of the point I click. Its also doing this with the tabs at the top when I want to drop down one of the tools menus.
DSC_0145[2532] by jason greenwood, on Flickr

In this one, you can see im trying to select the "type" tab and its dropped down the "Layers" tab
DSC_0146[2541] by jason greenwood, on Flickr

Last edited:
What happens if you plug in a mouse & use that instead of the pad? I suspect a trackpad fault, either hardware or driver.

I use the laptop for all of my web browsing and other stuff and the mousepad works fine. Will try the calibration trick though. Cant hurt.

Ive tried all of the above and installed all latest updates and PS is still not performing. Every click is about 2" out to the NW. How can I contact Adobe, or can I uninstall PS and reinstall it or will this create more problems?

Edit: PS 2019 has now become available and seems to have fixed the problem. Fingers crossed going forward. I just need to learn how to use it now. lol.

Last edited:
Back