Photoshop . Pages File. ?

Rocket

CTID
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all. I am continuing to provide various front pages for a friend who writes books, he is struggling with text, so i asked him to send me the front page in order for me to add some appropriate text.
However when receiving the page i am unable to open it, even though it says open with PS, checking the properties it has "type of file" as PAGES File (.pages) Any ideas please.

Edit My Images
No
Well, I found out what it is:-
A PAGES file is a document created by Apple Pages, a word processor and page layout program for macOS and iOS.

As I read it there are conversion methods to open it including conversion to a pdf file.

So, it sounds like your friend is using Pages as a desktop publishing program...... limited understanding and IMO you need to liaise with the friend and agree that supply a file that you can work with. If not perhaps just keep supplying images and let him/her add them to the book layout as needed?

OP
Rocket

Rocket

CTID
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks BB, At last i have been able to get him to understand how it all works, with the exception of the above which i was unsure of. You are correct he is using an apple mac along with PS express, as i make a template up to add to his front page sent to him, he is unable to add it, i have asked him to save it to a tiff or psd, i should then be able to add my text adaption. I think.

I have supplied him with a png and psd with text placed onto a transparent background, layering it as merge image, which works fine, but he appears to be struggling to add.

Last edited: