Photoshop phography plan £89

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Only lasting a few days :)
Amazon

Last edited:
Thanks for that, I decided to jump in and give it a whirl for a year.

fell for it
renewed

Screenshot 2021-03-22 20.26.30.png

Just reading some of the feedback, and this might be applicable to many, (if indeed it is the case?)

Thank you; I was literally 1 day out away from running out.

View attachment 312986

Just reading some of the feedback, and this might be applicable to many, (if indeed it is the case?)

That's still 20GB more than I need.

and me

View attachment 312986

That's good info, I was wondering if it was possible to buy the base plan then upgrade your storage later. I'm moving over from LR Classic to a fully cloud based workflow so looks like I'm going to be stuck paying £20 a month

That's good info, I was wondering if it was possible to buy the base plan then upgrade your storage later. I'm moving over from LR Classic to a fully cloud based workflow so looks like I'm going to be stuck paying £20 a month
Amazon also have a Lightroom CC only plan (which dosn't include Photoshop) and comes with 1Tb Cloud storage, for £80/year - sounds like that might suit you better.

There is also 1 1Tb version of the LR Classic + Photoshop for £200 / year.

Last edited:
Amazon also have a Lightroom CC only plan (which dosn't include Photoshop) and comes with 1Tb Cloud storage, for £80/year - sounds like that might suit you better.

There is also 1 1Tb version of the LR Classic + Photoshop for £200 / year.

I know but my Dad uses the LR Classic part of my subscription on his PC (I only use one PC and an iPad so we're technically not breaking the license conditions). I suppose I could ask him to sub me a tenner a month to make up the difference but it seems a bit churlish. I do use PS very occasionally as well so its handy to have around

If you want LR and PS, you can buy extra cloud storage more cheaply elsewhere - e.g. MS 365 (which includes Office) gives you 1TB for £60 a year, or 1TB for each member of a family of 6 for £80 a year.

If you want LR and PS, you can buy extra cloud storage more cheaply elsewhere - e.g. MS 365 (which includes Office) gives you 1TB for £60 a year, or 1TB for each member of a family of 6 for £80 a year.

That won't work with Lightroom though. LR stores all your original files in the cloud and makes them directly available on whatever device you're using, from within the app. So if I import a load of Raw files on my iPad, it uploads them automatically. Then when I go to LR on my PC the Raw files are there ready and waiting to be downloaded as needed. It doesn't link in with other cloud storage and it doesn't work the same way.

That won't work with Lightroom though. LR stores all your original files in the cloud and makes them directly available on whatever device you're using, from within the app. So if I import a load of Raw files on my iPad, it uploads them automatically. Then when I go to LR on my PC the Raw files are there ready and waiting to be downloaded as needed. It doesn't link in with other cloud storage and it doesn't work the same way.
Fair enough. I suppose third party storage would be fine for Lightroom Classic desktop users, who can still (I hope!) store their originals anywhere they like. The convenience of seamless iPad integration comes with strings (and more money for Adobe) attached.

If you must use ipad you could perhaps look into NAS storage. It is good idea anyway. Or I'm sure you could just sync recent chunks. 20GB is plenty. Not many people must have full access to their whole library specifically on ipad in addition to everything else. In fact I couldn't be happier without ipad or anything iOS.

If you must use ipad you could perhaps look into NAS storage. It is good idea anyway. Or I'm sure you could just sync recent chunks. 20GB is plenty. Not many people must have full access to their whole library specifically on ipad in addition to everything else. In fact I couldn't be happier without ipad or anything iOS.

I’ve worked within the 20GB limit for over 18 months and yes it’s fine, I can work around it no problem, it’s just a pain and I can’t be bothered anymore. I hate using LR Classic with a passion, it’s slow, bloated and horribly dated. LR CC has a user interface that looks like it was designed in the 21st century at least, for the rare occasions I actually sit at my PC to edit anymore.

My iPad is my main editing machine, and having my whole library available on that, or my Android phone, and my PC is wonderful. Editing with the Apple Pencil is great, I can’t imagine going back to sitting at a desk for hours on end when I don’t need to.

Why go to expense and faff of setting up a NAS, using additional apps, and all that when I can just have everything sync automatically between every device I’d ever use to edit photos? I have two external drives that both hold a complete copy of every photo I’ve ever taken as a backup anyway, and I’ll still keep those up to date even when using the LR cloud storage. No such thing as too many backups.

Also uploading in chunks doesn’t work when I’m in the middle of a race meeting and I have a couple of thousand images to import. It’s just easier to not worry about a 20GB limit. The whole point of me getting an iPad Pro is that it’s a powerful but very portable editing machine.

Last edited:
I've just stumbled across a 3-month membership for the Photography plan at £4.77 here > Gamivo Link

Just make sure you don't join their 'club' and the price should be £5.39 after their service fees.

The redemption code was immediate for me and accepted by Adobe with no issues :)

To add to my earlier post, the codes are stackable so the 12 months work out at around £21.

There's a thread on HUKD which you can find here > clicky

I've just stumbled across a 3-month membership for the Photography plan at £4.77 here > Gamivo Link

Just make sure you don't join their 'club' and the price should be £5.39 after their service fees.

The redemption code was immediate for me and accepted by Adobe with no issues :)

not a chance in hell

Appreciate I'm new to the forum but absolutely no tie to them and I've also shared it on another forum where I've been a member for 10+ years - just trying to share a good deal (as it's worked for me and I'm subscribed up until March 2022).

Happy to take it down if it breaches any forum rules here though.

Thanks - I never knew that! I got a family subscription on offer when buying a laptop, because it was a good deal. I thought the terabyte was shared. I'll need to offer it to my family.....

I've finally caved in and bought a CC plan today. Been using CS4 for years now and it's finally getting in the way of my workflow and various plugins which no longer function with it. Sigh.. nothing lasts forever..

BTW, if anyone is going to jump on this deal this is the last day, I believe.

Yes it was.

I thought I'd give it a try myself too.

Yeah, I deliberately paid with my Revolut card just in case, but the codes came through instantly. I'll be keeping a close eye on things over the weekend to see if any unwarranted charges are added as a precaution though.

Any issues crop up? This seems a bargain and reading the HUKD thread you linked to, looks bona fide.

Any issues crop up? This seems a bargain and reading the HUKD thread you linked to, looks bona fide.

Nope, so far so good - I extended mine by another 6 months last week without issue :)

Wouldn’t advise cloud based to anyone lightroom classic CC is the best version

With cloud based they sting you for space

Last edited:

It comes free with Amazon Prime...unlimited picture storage included in annual prime membership

Back