matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Gregeff had the honour after drawing with Steve, this is the image:

photocomp02sm.jpg

original can be found here
HERE

have fun!

closing date will be Monday 4th July, 9.00pm! 8)

Right well i had to enter this one quick as i'm off to Norway for two weeks :D

Here's my effort, not 100% happy with it though!:

Giant Biker!!
photoshop_comp_2.jpg

my entry:
photocomp02matt.jpg

Achieved this effect like this
Copied layer
made a layer mask on the copied layer, select the mask and then select the Gradient tool, set it to radial, then Frograound to background. With that draw a line about the lenght of the bike then carry forward lsightly to allow for the image blending. Check the result by clicking the eye icon on the background layer, this hides that layer, letting you see the top layer.

Click on the background layer, then select Filter>blur>radial then click Zoom in the options there, then select where and how much blur, i centered it over the cyclist(afte 3 tries) and used a medium amount of zoom blur.

And thats it

quiet simple, but very effective

I have to say that the last two really work well. The pressure is on now to come up with something interesting and new :shock:

PSP_comp.jpg

Opened image in PSP

Copied image and pasted it to original as a new layer

To the new layer applied a 'Glowing Edges' filter.

Set opacity for new layer at 50%

Combined the layers.

Adjusted Contrast and colour saturation.

Sharpened slightly.

Trying to achieve a sort of stained glass effect. :)

one day to go on this, no-one else fancy dipping the toe in the photoshopping waters??

Heres me attempt:
bike.jpg

I was after a sort of scanned in from an old magazine effect.

- Cropped the image to give the bike more focus, and give it somewhere to head to
- Tweaked contrast and saturation to bump the colours up
- Duplicated the original layer
- Sharpened the original picture with a fairly high USM
- Applied the threshold filter to a duplicate of the original layer try and level out the image a bit, lowered the opacity
- Duplicated the layer again and used the Colour Halftone filter to add a magazine print dot effect. Lowered the opacity to make it less visible
- Added a new levels layer and lowered the sliders to darken the image considerably. Used the mask to draw in an oval, basically to darken the corners, Lomo style
- Painted over the water splash in white on a seperate layer, used the motion blur filter in the direction of the splash, and then lowered the opacity - to whiten out the water splash. I thought they looked a bit like wings for the cyclist in a way.

There were a few more steps than that, but only minor ones. The PSD is available if anyone wants a butchers.

this round is closed now, will do a poll when i work out how

you can tell you got time off cant you

i will do a poll for this later chaps

Steve said:
Slacker, get it done :whistling

had a power cut at work, so not had time to do anything:D

Back