Matt

TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Here it is kids, the Round 3 poll, apologies for the delay!!:D

IMG_4812_sm.jpg

The original is above and the edited entries are below..

Kenco1964
pscomp5pg.jpg

Steep
psc3.jpg

CT
quake.jpg

EosD
shopcomp.jpg

Gregeff
IMG_6715_0.jpg

Poll open for a few days....good luck!:thumb:

I can't believe nobody has voted on this yet :icon_eek:

Come on people you must have an opinion on which you think is the most creative at least.

Give the guys some credit for their hard work.

... apart from the 12 so far that already have voted then?

EosD has not explained it well :(

He will correct that error after we have released him from the spanking machine ;)

What was supposed to happen was that members take the original photo (which EosD has neglected to show) and photochop it to the best of their ability to form a different picture that's either believable or has some comedy value. Then the rest of us pick our favourite and vote using the poll above, it doesn't work so well without the original though. :nut:

I dont' want to sound rude here, but everyone has always been pretty honest on the forums here. I just don't get this one guys, sorry. I'm sure it's just for kicks I know. None of these images really did anything for me, or I would have voted. I don't think I am alone in thinking this because it doesn't seem to be getting too many people involved IMO. :coat:

Jewel

LOL that’s fine Jewel, your opinion counts and would seem to mirror what others have been thinking but where to afraid to say :D

I think many people are expecting it to be a more serious competition, whereas I think it's more of a tongue in cheek fun thing.

If we think of it as more fun and not look at the compositions and rules of thirds etc, and more to which image we simply prefer, then there's no reason it can't get more successful.

Wonders off shuffling feet to see if I can find the original photo for comparison. ;)

SammyC said:
... apart from the 12 so far that already have voted then?

opps..I had not voted and so it showed as not having any votes :icon_redf

I guess I am in for some stick now :whistling

Still we can still pick on EosD for not closing the poll and announcing the winner ;)

And even if he did, we could pick on him anway for having a silly girly haircut.

I can see where Jewel is coming from, but the whole point is people just enter into this for a bit of fun, which is all it's meant to be, but the underlying point is just trying to get people to dip a toe in the Photoshop waters. The silly things people have done here with pics are all involving simple techniques which have other serious and powerful uses which can drastically improve your pictures. That's the real message.;)

I'm sure Kenco wont mind me saying that a few short months ago he wouldn't have been able to submit his amusing contribution,, but he has done, and the fact he's getting into Photoshop is more and more evident with the quality of the shots he's posting here.

The simple techniques you see here can drastically improve your ability to turn out good work and sort out problems when they arise, but you gotsta get in there somewhere and get started.

Taking Matty's (EosD's) pic as an example, the mask he drew around the Citroen to cut it out of another picture, had so many other uses and could have been used to darken, lighten, desaturate, apply any number of filters to it, even change the colour of the car. And that's a basic technique to selectively deal with problem parts of your shots and a common problem that crops up here all the time. :)

I see how people may want to make this a more serious competion. How about, maybe next time we have a photo from the camera unedited, and the competion is to inprove as well as possible it rather than edit it/make something funny out of it? This may be more usfull to us as photographers :)

bah your all too fussy, poll will close on the 17th, like it says at the top of the poll!!!!

Votes only show AFTER you have coted, this is the carrot that gets people to vote!

my bad forgettting the original though!

im easy on what we do for the next round, it was all supposed to be a bit of fun..

Well if you all decide next time to take Greggeff's suggestion, I have many, many photos that need alot of help that I would kindly volunteer. If need be.

Jewel. :)

Jewel, you're always free to post them on the forums for help if you so wish :) Don't need the PS competition to do that, and I'm sure there'll be a few on here who will gladly have a dabble at touching up your images and explaining how they did it.

once again Gregeff whips everyones ass, so if you want to go again Gregeff!

Oh my goodness not again! Thankyou all who voted for me :)

I'm not going to be chosing the photo this time around, i'll let somone else pick one.

Obviously it's up to the forum to decide. But I think that maybe we should try what was said above. So say for this round Jewel could submit one of her photo's and tell us generally what she would like done with it. Then everyone has a go at photoshoping the photo and describing what they have done. That way hopfully people will learn out to make the most of their photo's.

yeah thats fine by me, A post processing competition!

Back