Photoshop Text Tool Problem (CS2)

Name
David Bridges
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys,

I have a very annoying problem on photoshop, although I am typing stuff using the text tool it just will not show up! I've checked all the common stuff (to me) like making sure backround colour and font colour aren't the same, and that there is a layer infront of the text etc etc. I am completely stumped also in the layers pallete it shows the text like it would normally, but if you see my screenshot you will know what i am talking about.

I will be extremely grateful for any help :)

28sc8s9.jpg

(also, it doesnt matter how big the font is)
Thanks alot everyone

Dave

Youre typing downwards, look at the toolbar icon on the left :)
Youre also typing at 1296pt, which means it would be too big to show ;)

have you tried right clicking on the text tool in the pallette and make sure you have the normal tool selected. It looks like its a different one in that screenshot, certainlt at least vertical.

Also, try setting text size to about 50ish - cant see in that shot whether its 12.96 or 1296 but either way, one might be too big, the other too small to see

Just to quote my OP

(also, it doesnt matter how big the font is)

And the only reason it is vertical is because it wasn't working horizontally and i clicked it to see if it made any difference, which it didn't :(

Marcel helped me out over IRC, i'm not sure how he actually knew how to do it or how it but maybe he will be able to explain it.

Cheers Marcel :)

While I was breaking the forums avatars, I fixed Davids Photoshop.

All about the balance of the universe :D

It's my pretty smile, wins you over everytime you snap the chains on :D

Back