Photoshop

Three hours focused (no pun intended) on the area you feel you need the most help with, may prove useful. The fundamentals of photography, e.g. understanding light, composition, exposure triangle and so on, have never changed so there are lots of resources out there that cover those. Enjoy the course, I hope you get as much out of it as you can.

If I didnt PP my images then they would still look flat just as they did when shooting film. I edit errr sorry post process my images so that they look more like slide or more specifically like Cibachrome when printed.

Dave.

Yup I use Lightroom and Photoshop.

If I didnt PP my images then they would still look flat just as they did when shooting film. I edit errr sorry post process my images so that they look more like slide or more specifically like Cibachrome when printed.

Dave.

Yup I use Lightroom and Photoshop.

Slide film is, err... film. How can images on film look flat, and then say that you want them to look like they did on film? Cibachromes had a little more saturation and contrast is all.

Is that all you're doing with your digital images? I bet it's not.

Isnt the real issie that mags wont pay for good shots? And the generic over processed crap is free? Reviews are free to do and tutorials are just reused over and over. I dont have anything against photoshop my issue is with the people who butcher shots and the mags that choose to display this crap. If you shoot raw you have to edit thats a simple fact, the level of this editing is upto you. Thays where your style comes in. And like its beem stated magazines dont talk about that anymore as there more interested in the mass market. TP will give you honest if not brutal feedback and help you create a style. Mags will take ya £5 a month and leave you hoping to be accepted. For one day you can have a picture in the mag and change the norm of the 90% over processed, done to death, meaningless images.

Or alternatly just teach you how to use washing liquid and a polariser to make you look like your on LSD haha

WOW
And your next three hour course will cover Brain surgery or cosmology.

A three hour course can at most point out what you need to start learning.
The rest of your life might then cover most of it.

As he said.. it's a START!

Why are you making disparaging comments about someone who has patiently listened to the advice in the thread, and then acted upon it? Seriously.. why?

As he said.. it's a START!

Why are you making disparaging comments about someone who has patiently listened to the advice in the thread, and then acted upon it? Seriously.. why?
I followed up that post.

Back