Beginner Photoshop.

Name
Roy Newport
Edit My Images
No
help please,is it best to by Abode photoshop or pay monthly?many thanks.

I would say that this depends on what you use now and where you want to go

First question - Do you need Photoshop or is Lightroom sufficient for your needs, I ask that because you can buy a stand alone version of Lightroom 6 from Amazon for £106.
I very much doubt if you will find a genuine copy of CS6 for sale now,you will certainly find pirate copies but who knows what you would get, so its not really a good idea apart from the fact it's illegal.
You might pick up a copy of an older legit version which may be all you need, I seem to recall that Adobe were giving a free download of CS2 at one point but I don't know if they still are
The Abobe CC plan for photographers is £8.71/month and has not gone up since Jun 2014 ( well I am still paying the same and have renewed for 12 months) and this gives you both Lightroom and Photoshop with all the updates and Adobe help if needed for the price of 2 or 3 pints of beer a month ( depending where you live).
Personally I would go for the subscription but download the free 30 day trial before you commit yourself

I been using Lightroom for 2 years can not get to grips with photoshop at all

I'm loading both right now but Lightroom just stopped so loading photo shop now and Lightroom after.free trials.

I have bought the subscription. For me it's worth, you have to sign up for one year though ( which is still very reasonable) but you get lots of stuff with it, regular updates and you can use on all portable devices ( iPad etc). I am a newcomer to photoshop and would class myself as a beginner. There's a lot to learn yes, but loads of info out there.
Try for one year to see if you get on with it. You can always cancel after that.

If you want full photoshop CS6 it has to be pay monthly there isnt another option - lightroom and photoshop elements can still be bought as one off payments

took me a month to decide but bit the bullet and went for the monthly sub.for a year I will try it and see what I think,right now after a month I'm very happy I did,great software and good to experiment with.

Another one here who has gone for the subscription method. Still learning my way around LR and vary rarely open PS, but will use more when my skills improve in LR. One step at a time for me!

I'm torn on this too. The monthly plan will cost the same over 12 months as buying Lightroom outright but includes Photoshop. During the month's trial I only used Lightroom and never felt the need to go into Photoshop (to the point that it's not actually installed). Having just paid £5k to the builder I might go the sub route to spread the cost and look again in 12 months time) or I might ignore the PC and get Affinity Photo from Serif for the Mac for £40 (tend to do photo stuff on the PC as it's wired not wireless and the photos are all on the NAS). No PC version and no trial at the moment (coming in a month or so)

I've not got them both on trial but photos upload to Lightroom but I can't work out how to up load to photoshop?

You don't load them into photoshop as such, if you have the photo open in the develop mode in LR then go to Photo>Edit in and you should have Photoshop CC 2015, click that and the pic will open in PS.
Alternatively if you want to go direct to PS without using LR then open PS and browse to the photo in Bridge

I've used PS for years, and my friend told me I could do everything in LR much quicker. This month, I've taken a CC package out and absolutely love LR. PS is great, but I've hardly opened it since getting LR. What a great piece of software!

I do 99% in lightroom I only jump over to photoshop if I really need to but I just take street shots and snaps so no real need for photoshop, like everyone it depends on your situation etc.

I should have just purchased lightroom but for under £9.00 a month it's still within my budget.

Back