Phottix remote

kelack

TPer Emerita - But she's back!
Name
Kelly
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone got one of these, do you recommend them? Having a look at remote wireless shutter releases and wondered what these were like.

:tumbleweed:

Is this cos no one has got one:LOL:

Never even heard of one until you posted kelack, now that I've googled it it's similar to the link delight ones I have which are great! :)

What are those ones?

Ah, your one isn't for a 40D and he doesn't seem to have any wireless ones at the moment :(

Thanks for the heads up though

I find the wireless ones seem to only work from the front.... which was a pain...ended up getting a wired one which works from anywhere around the camera.

Infra red ones only work from the front Janice, both those types ^ are radio and work from any direction, up to 20 mtrs away or more (I've tried my ones at that distance)

Ooh good... I'll get one then! :D

Oooo, missed those ones, I'm sure I looked everywhere in his shop.

(y) mate

Bought one - thanks :D

If Nikon do a cable release (and I'm sure they do) then a wireless remote would plug into the same socket wherever that is.

I've got a phottix one for my d300. In fact it arrived yesterday. Seems to work well. its wireless so you can hide it behind your back or whatever. Works from up to 100 metres away too. It cost £14 inc delivery! I've just ordered my mate one as a chrissie pressie for his 350d!
wirelessremoteforN12.jpg

Funnily enough I was talking about the exact same device yesterday with my dad, so have just bought 2, thanks for the info.

Mike.

I had a Phottix N1 delivered a couple of days ago for my D200 :)

Seems to work well in the short time I have been able to use it. Batteries are included which is a bonus, however there are no instructions with it apart from what is on the box. These instructions do not tell you how to change radio channels (there are supposed to be 16) so it will be a case of trial and error!

Image of six togs together on a shoot wondering why there shutters keep activating .........

Oh and it works on continuing shooting as well. Just keep the button depressed.

Hooky to change channel all you have to do is flip the microswitches, make sure that the transmitter and receiver switches are each set the same way. My link delight version came with no instructions either but the auction page had all you needed to know on how to work it.

Thanks Steep, I guessed that was all you needed to do, just not had time to try it out yet;)

I had a Phottix N1 delivered a couple of days ago for my D200 :)

Seems to work well in the short time I have been able to use it. Batteries are included which is a bonus, however there are no instructions with it apart from what is on the box. These instructions do not tell you how to change radio channels (there are supposed to be 16) so it will be a case of trial and error!

Image of six togs together on a shoot wondering why there shutters keep activating .........

Hooky, all you do is adjust the small switche's to whatever position suits you, making sure you use the same on both units. ;)

Ooops, just noticed you already had a reply. doh...

Regards
Kev.

Back