Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

TP_M3.jpg

Can I have one Please?

from this morning

Nikon Micro-NIKKOR-P Auto 1: /3.5 f 55mm, lens manufactured from 1971 to 1973, now 50 years old!!

slight crop - ISO 3600 - D850

Dahlia

TP_55mm_3.5_micro_flower_2.jpg

another shot with the same lens at ISO 2500 - but I have obviously removed the BG in post

TP_Bee_2.jpg

Last edited:
A crop from a sunset shot from 400ft.

Interesting false sun above the real one, probably an ND filter flare/artefact :(

I'm kicking myself because about 2 minutes before I launched the cruise ship in the bay had a small fireworks display and I was mid panorama when the clouds of smoke drifted across and around the drone. If only I had that shot set up for a peaceful 4K shot of sunset with foreground clouds moseying past. When I DID see it, it was too late to set up the exposure to not have it look wishy/washy, which is what I got when I tried.

Attachments

• DJI_0314.jpg
    DJI_0314.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 8
Taken with a "budget" Nikon, the 50mm f/1.8 Series E - a very small lens, sometimes described as a "pancake" - produced between 1979 and 1985

By modern standards the image is not great, looks flat even after adjustments in LR - maybe destined for the "paperweight" box
The B & W image is just as bad

or maybe the D850 was just too much for it or I'd like to think that it has it's own "look" from year gone by

The old "Karzy" in our back garden - it is "leaning" through old age like many of us

f/8.0 ISO 1400

TP_Karzy.jpg

TP_Karzy_BW.jpg

The lens seemed to prefer stuff like this

TP_Olives_Nikon_E.jpg

Last edited:
A weird one taked for another forum on those wonderful things a mobile phone ( my daughters cast off) Taken for another forum and showing the flat machined into the barrel of a gun making it difficult to fit a silencer.

GUN END.jpg

First post, apart from intro
Some Planters that I completed today, made from decking timber -- will give them to neighbours

What a great idea! (y)

Last edited:
Back