Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

I noticed it mainly around the tree on the left.
I will go back to it and see if I can get a better result with different software or maybe do it in a different way, I suspect me attempting to get some sort of detail in the sky is just too much of and ask, I may just have to accept detail less skies in these situations !

Added comment
It's definitely me going too far dropping the Highlights. I process the image then drop the size for TP which of course makes it even worse. I will have to process in a way that allows for this.
Extreme case scenario , I'll stop taking now !
ttt.JPG

Last edited:
I will go back to it and see if I can get a better result with different software or maybe do it in a different way, I suspect me attempting to get some sort of detail in the sky is just too much of and ask, I may just have to accept detailless skies in these situations !
Unfortunately, the skies are often featureless.
You could of course place an uber delivery order for some sunshine :)

Dog walk incorporated in the reverse trip from this morning. I have now done about 120 miles ferrying Mrs Badger about, the worst thing is she has a license/insurance her and even her own car ( she never drives it ! )
Nikon Point and shoot again.

My attempt was to get the tree shadows but I think I needed to be higher up ( Impossible unless I climb a tree) to increase the angle between sun and forest floor. I did try to shield the sun with one of the trees but it just didn't work !
A3A.JPG
A1.JPG

Last edited:
I can share the picture but not the cakes. Sorry :D

Ob2cIgG.jpg

They're banana cakes with chocolate chips and they're lovely. I ate two :D

More experiments with the mobile phone lens kit, this time with the wide angle.
Standard
A1.jpg
WIDE , I must of moved the lens as you can see the vignette, I'm not sure if this distortion to the left is all because of this ! The phone slows the shutter speed but not by much ( this could have been a slight change in light conditions)
A2.jpg
An actual photo Close up ( Poor old battered, taped up mobile phone hates the contrast)

A3.jpg
I did a few more experiments and the lens causes barrel distortion both vertically and horizontally ( not sure of the correct term for this) The fisheye has a fun purpose but in blunt terms I would rate the wide angle lens at the same levels as this , in fact a little lower as it will not fertilize the land ! ( also taken with the wide angle Lens)
sh.jpg

Last edited:
Is everyone ready for tonight?

Chocolates and pennies for children visiting at Halloween :D

QpA3tNk.jpg

Last year we ran out of both and had to hunt for more.

PS.
We had a stream of little visitors and most of the chocolates and money went. There was only a few of each left.

Last edited:
Hi, a green finch enjoying the hawthorn berries in my garden :

DSC_4996-d850-c.jpg

In the park in Biebrich/D :

DSC_5000-d850-c.jpg

DSC_5012-d850-c.jpg

DSC_5018-d850-c.jpg

P.S.; The pics above I took with my NIKON D850 and the NIKKOR 4/70-200. ---

These are from my afternoon dog walk, taken with my "pocket-camera" SONY A7 from 2013. The kestrel does not let me come closer than 5 yards, so I had to crop massively :

DSC02908-a7-5-s35-c.jpg

DSC02921-a7-5-s35-c.jpg

Last edited:
Hope you all in the UK remembered your cars...

EXKMjx1.jpg

I have to do my cameras but I think I've done everything else.

Pocket friendly tech. These will be heading for recycling but I sooo want to use them :D

nXAhwDz.jpg

There's still colour in the garden.

KQXvGOL.jpg

C4ZIPNk.jpg
Ooooh love that Motorola flip !!

Usual late afternoon walk today meant the light was fading away, and the clouds came in and blocked the sun (and I got soaked walking home)
The Lichen is changing from yellow to a lovely shade of blue at the moment. I'll try this with the macro lens set next time.
Best lican.jpg

Ooooh love that Motorola flip !!

If you want it let me know and I'll send you it... They're all going for recycling next time we're at the local retail park.

But can anyone live without a smartphone these days? :D

If you want it let me know and I'll send you it... They're all going for recycling next time we're at the local retail park.

But can anyone live without a smartphone these days? :D
If it's in working order mate and can take any SIM I would put it to good use :)

If it's in working order mate and can take any SIM I would put it to good use :)

AFAIK it works but I don't think these phones take any sim as I think they're a different size to the more modern ones. I think newer ones are smaller. I can't be sure. As I have zero interest in phones maybe you can look into it and let me know if you still want it.

Yes, I've never owned one.

Good for you. I remember when in the computer industry them at HQ insisted I have a mobile phone and sent me the forms to fill in, I binned them :D What changed my mind was I was on the M1 one day when a dozy young women drove into the back of my Lotus Elan SE bending the exhaust and rendering it dead. So, I was miles from home and would have been stuck if she hadn't lent me hers. At one time I was doing 75k miles a year and I just got paranoid about getting stranded so I gave in and got one.

AFAIK it works but I don't think these phones take any sim as I think they're a different size to the more modern ones. I think newer ones are smaller. I can't be sure. As I have zero interest in phones maybe you can look into it and let me know if you still want it.
Ah don't worry Alan, I was just drawn to the old school Moto flip, stick it in the recycling buddy, probably wiser.

Ah don't worry Alan, I was just drawn to the old school Moto flip, stick it in the recycling buddy, probably wiser.

I think you can get an adapter for one size but sadly I don't know which way it goes. I think these are only worth spending money on if you're a hard core fan :D

One of my favourite fishing spots back in the days when I was a keen Dangler.
I often gazed out over the field when the fish were being non-compliant.
River Scene 02 10 22.jpg

While I was photographing the Lichen today, I noticed a single surviving berry on an otherwise completely bare large bush, and not even withered.
Correction - after taking the picture I spotted one more equally resilient berry refusing to surrender to the seasonal change.
So this is in honour of both berries, hangin on long after the others have gone.
Berry..jpg

So so hard for me to do street. I prep, I plan I travel and then get a nervous block and just wonder around for ages. These are some that I did manage tonight whilst in London for work.

"Excellent" set of candid street style captures Dayle, liking all of these very much.

From today's Dog walk in the Wyre Forest, Nikon point and shoot. If this camera ad an eye finder It would be my ultimate camera as it's super small and easy to carry !

Around the Rocket engine plant !

1A.JPG

In camera mono
2A.JPG

A colour version

3A.JPG

Last edited:
A few from Brookside Telford. My Sony A6000 is now partially broke in the exactly the way I knew it would. Because Sony use a different communication protocol to everything else I have always had to take the SD card out to transfer photos.When I realized this I took one look and thought either the SD card door or the SD card mechanism it's self would break, The later is the case. I now have to stuff some paper behind the door and force it shut this of coarse will break the door at some point! I found this out when I transferred/took these photos.

4.JPG

3.JPG

2.JPG

1.JPG

Last edited:
Some from today, trying out a new to me camera but I think it's going back...

Mrs WW very happy to be feeding a goat. We visited a farm and bought a bag of animal feed and she gave it all to the first animals we seen, the cute and hungry goats :D

Q5gEsrt.jpg

Then we went to the seaside.

The walk to the beach.

AiHveLc.jpg

Autumn colours.

YTjbNkP.jpg

Careful! Watch your step!

XO6IzgJ.jpg

Back