L1012419_DxO-L21-56.jpg

Nativity scenes are now complete.

St.Peter :

L1012387_DxO-L21.jpg

St. Augustinus :

L1012409_DxO-L21-8-c.jpg

St.Quintin :

L1012421_DxO-L21-8-c.jpg

(I left the Dom Cafe before being served. It was too hot and crowded ... )

Don't play with Matches !
This is in South Staffs on my alternative route home. When I lived nearer I used to walk my dogs on the Roman road just behind it, It really was a lovely property. I can only think it either wasn't insured or the owners lost their lives in the fire as it has been like this for some time ! The photo lies but it is a fairly large house ( or was !) Nikon point and shoot. may try this tomorrow with a better camera as the point and shoot hates contrasty images.

HOUSE1.JPG

UPDATE no one hurt

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/blaze-rips-through-claverley-home-18393824

Last edited:
On the walk to church and back we passed through the cemetery and fed squirrels. There were so many they got through of a whole bag of nuts. Once we'd run out we had to walk quickly away as they were following us.

This is a heavy crop as I only had a 35mm lens.

DSC04223-c.jpg

Also, at the war graves.

DSC04229.jpg

Last edited:

Edit: Forgot to say what it is for, so the shortest description I could find on the web
"Every year-end, a tradition that will never be absent from Filipino families is the arrangement and preparation of 12 types of fruits every New Year. This culture is considered a symbol of abundance, luck, and hope for the coming year."

Hi, I do it by the cookbook. This requires creme fraiche, which is a little cheesy ... :)
Cook books are great, much better than the internet :)
We have dozens, but rarely look at any except Mrs Beetons, Gastronomy of Italy, Ma Cuisine, SA Housewives League and Indian Delights, Age has slowed down my interest.

Hope it tasted as good as it looked :)

Cook books are great, much better than the internet :)
We have dozens, but rarely look at any except Mrs Beetons, Gastronomy of Italy, Ma Cuisine, SA Housewives League and Indian Delights, Age has slowed down my interest.

Hope it tasted as good as it looked :)

Hi, I also have lots of cookbooks. The recipe I am following today is from an author (Wolfram Siebeck) who was quite influential in Germany, introducing French cooking with
high-quality ingredients to the general public. He came to my attention in the mid-70s.

Using wine for cooking was seen as a waste then. Most families consumed 2 bottles of wine per year: one at Christmas, one on New Year's Eve.

Those were the days ... ---

Back