Pickering War Weekend 2013 (Pt1)

Les McLean

In Memoriam
Name
Les
Edit My Images
Yes
A damp & drizzly day yesterday, but meant some pleasant enough light.

All with Canon 1Ds MKIII, 85mm F1.2 or 135mm F2 lens, fill flash.

1 85mm , 1/200 sec @ f2.5, ISO200

1DSL3887s.jpg

Larger image

2 135mm 1/125 sec @f2.8 ISO200

1DSL3882s.jpg

Larger image

3 85mm 1/400 sec @f2.5 ISO200

1DSL3812s.jpg

Larger image

4 135mm 1/160 sec @ f2.5 ISO200

1DSL3853s.jpg

Larger image

5 135mm 1/200 sec @f2.8 ISO200

1DSL3877s.jpg

Larger image

Really nice set, especially number 4... ... that's a corker.. ..

Really nice set, especially number 4... ... that's a corker.. ..

Great set Les, and agree, number 4 is a beauty!

Thanks, it is my favourite also, and was one of those shots , will it or won't it work, shooting through glass (or perspex) is always difficult, especially when it's damp and misted up. I focussed on the glass rather than the girl hoping the effect would be a soft/other worldly glow to the subject, while still retaining detail. I think the slightly misted glass has added to the effect also.

Superb as said #4 is fab, like to see #2 in Black and White.
Good job on the fill.

Have seen a lot of your work from events like these Les and you never disappoint with the quality and composition of your work. Superb as always.

Last edited:
Great set.

I've seen quite a few from this event and I thought they were good but yours take it to a different level.

The shots of the ladies are stunning.

A great set but, as others have stated, No' 4 is the money shot! Superb image!

Great set Les, I suppose my fav is the steam loco but I like 'em all. Pickering war weekend is such fun, I love the girls, just sorry there's no seamed stockings in your set:):) , oh go on, I bet you've got some stockings shots, please:) pretty please:):):):)

, oh go on, I bet you've got some stockings shots, please:) pretty please:):):):)

I do have a few 'seamed stocking' shots, it's just a pity it's blokes wearing them ;):eek:

Back