Pickering War Weekend

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's a few of the shots I got at Pickering for the North Yorkshire Moors Railway's war weekend from last Sunday. Unfortunately the light wasn't brilliant and eventually the rain dampened the event but still enjoyable to sit and watch the reenactors stroll up and down the high street.

Pickering2012-01 by Delta Skies, on Flickr

Pickering2012-02 by Delta Skies, on Flickr

Pickering2012-03 by Delta Skies, on Flickr

Pickering2012-04 by Delta Skies, on Flickr

Pickering2012-05 by Delta Skies, on Flickr

Pickering2012-06 by Delta Skies, on Flickr

First shot is excellent. Class photograph.

Agree no 1 has something about it. though the policeman made me smile.

Good set, 1, 2 &7 for me, particularly No2.

I was there saturday, and had the same problem with light except it was the exact opposite of yours in that it was too bright & sunny, so all my shots I took in the shade, but it made for a pleasant walk around.

Love the crumpet in #1 :LOL:

For me that one surpasses all of the others and is definitely a 'special' keeper IMO, the woman on the left is surely a classic.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I have to say that credit for #1 has to go to Sarah for spotting these two characters in the window opposite where we were sat.

As for the policeman I've spotted him before last year at Haworth having a quick nap (a sleeping policeman :))

Haworth2011-016 by Delta Skies, on Flickr

Three, five, seven and eight...I find each particularly appealing. If I had to choose a favorite, though, it would be number 5, President Roosevelt's body double. LOL

Back