Pico Do Areeiro, Madeira

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Managed some camera time whilst on vacation in Madeira - given I've not really taken any shots for the best part of 18 months, I think I came away with a few nice ones overall which has encouraged me to get back shooting.

Anyway this image is taken from the Pico Do Areeiro, at the start of the PR 1 peak to peak hike which is simply breathtaking.,

Pico do Areeiro by Neil Almond, on Flickr

Very good indeed.(y)

Very nice, and confirms my thinking about planning a walking/togging holiday there sometime

Very nice, and confirms my thinking about planning a walking/togging holiday there sometime

You wont be disappointed.
There are so many fantastic walks with countless photo opportunities, well worth it. + food & wine relatively cheap & incredible quality.
My first time to Madeira but will be returning.

That’s a great image. Madeira has been in my list for years due to the walking but not got around to it yet.

Very impressive. Also, impressive is that you're on a peak to peak hike. Excellent. I've been there too...but on a private tour ..just four of us...in a personnel carrier...lol. It's the third highest peak on Madeira at 1818m ( 5965ft) We didn't have so much cloud as you have so not as good a view.

Last edited:
Back