Pics from GT racing at Oulton Park

Edit My Images
Yes
Went to watch GT racing at Oulton Park yesterday. What a superb circuit. Got a few OK pics. Funny how they never turn out as good as I want..

GT_BDSC_0073-01.jpg

GT_BDSC_0067-01.jpg

GT_ADSC_0182-01.jpg

GT_ADSC_0145-01.jpg

GT_ADSC_0132-01b.jpg

GT_ADSC_0117-01a.jpg

GT_ADSC_0114-01.jpg

Went for something a bit different (for me)
GT_ADSC_0110-01.jpg

Bit samey (as usual from me), but I'm trying to take some different types of shots, some of which I'll maybe post later.

Thanks,
Rich

Few more...
Not that happy with these, but I can't seem to stop posting pics today so..Shot most of these around midday and the light was very harsh (thats my excuse anyway for the excessive contrast :D )

Caterhams

DSC_0196x.jpg

DSC_0191x.jpg

DSC_0010x.jpg

DSC_0008x.jpg

Rich

I didnt know there was anything on yday at Oulton Park? Im going tomorrow.
That will be the practice day was it?

Some great shots there Rich! I need to learn how to pan.... Dave has his Lamborghini & Ferrari driving day coming up soon and I'm expected to take some decent shots :eek:

Some great shots there Rich! I need to learn how to pan.... Dave has his Lamborghini & Ferrari driving day coming up soon and I'm expected to take some decent shots :eek:

LOL, no pressure then :D

Seriously, how long has that poor lad had to wait for that Lambo session :p .

Is it the Murcialago or Gallardo ?

I didnt know there was anything on yday at Oulton Park? Im going tomorrow.
That will be the practice day was it?

Saturday was mainly practise and qualifying, plus 2 x Caterham races and the 1st GT race.
Sunday is a day of rest.
2nd GT race plus the F3 and others on Monday :)

LOL, no pressure then :D

Seriously, how long has that poor lad had to wait for that Lambo session :p .

Is it the Murcialago or Gallardo ?

But it will be worth the wait... and he also gets to drive the new Ferrari as well as the new Murcielago Lp640 (or whatever it's called :shrug:) as well as a Porsche (much to his disgust :LOL:)

Hey guys

If you're at Oulton tomoz please get some of my mate in his Ginetta. His first outing and he's no sponsors so no back team!

This is what he;s driving (pic from a camera phone)

DSC00110.jpg

I kno what you mean about having to try something different. I've been shooting Autocross all day and it's repetetive when you're trying to bag shots that will appeal to the racers. Atleast you had a decent environment to pull of the last shot in the first series. I think it's really goos and the sort of thing I would expect to see in a magazine because there is plenty of space above the car for some editorial.

Thanks for the comments everyone. (y)

I kno what you mean about having to try something different. I've been shooting Autocross all day and it's repetetive when you're trying to bag shots that will appeal to the racers. Atleast you had a decent environment to pull of the last shot in the first series. I think it's really goos and the sort of thing I would expect to see in a magazine because there is plenty of space above the car for some editorial.

Oulton is a really nice track though. Hopefully I'll be going back for British Superbikes in May

Here's a few more if anyones interested..

F3 car
GT_ADSC_0138-01.jpg

Probably one of my fave shots of the day
GT_ADSC_0079-01.jpg

Mosler
GT_ADSC_0035-01.jpg

Hey guys

If you're at Oulton tomoz please get some of my mate in his Ginetta. His first outing and he's no sponsors so no back team!

This is what he;s driving (pic from a camera phone)

DSC00110.jpg

Never saw him. Looked out for him though.

The last 3 pictures you posted along with the 2nd one are really good shots I think personally. The Caterham pictures look parked from the head on shot though.

Thanks Tom (y) , I know what you mean about the Caterhams in the head on shots - I think its because the wheels are frozen by the fast shutter speed. I was more bothered by the colours of them myself, I was least pleased with those out of the whole set. I reckon its because I seem to do a better job processing RAWs than jpegs.

:)

Thanks for keeping a look-out, he came 10th out of 39 which for a 1st race is a damn good result, particularly as he's not got a support team!

Cheers

John

some really nice shots, especially like the second in the first lot :)

Back