Pics from The Peaks

simon ess

Just call me Roxanne.
Edit My Images
No
Yesterday I gatecrashed the Peak District meet for a few hours, just to annoy people.

Having succeeded at that, I took a few photos.

Bronica SQ-B
Fuji Acros

img252 by Simon, on Flickr

img261 by Simon, on Flickr

img260 by Simon, on Flickr

img259 by Simon, on Flickr

img258 by Simon, on Flickr

img255 by Simon, on Flickr

Simon, a lovely set, all excellent but I particularly like 2 & 4

Great views here Simon, but for me they need a bit more contrast. Looks as if you're trying too hard not to crush the blacks.

Just my opinion.

Very nice set, @Mrs Snap . I think I prefer the pottery one, although perhaps the colours need a little tweaking. I'm guessing you let that @Andysnap PP them?

I'm in several minds about the Don't Throw Stones one. Good spot, for a start, tells a great story. The rigorous division into highly contrasting horizontal bands is very unusual and arresting (sky, bar, sky, grass, bar, swirly trees, bricks, bar, bricks and sign); I think the red sign really lifts it by providing a different shape.

The second one is another good spot and viewpoint, magenta in the colours is an issue here.

Great stuff though. You really got to grips with that Voigtlander in a short time. It's a nice camera, isn't it? Pity Andy doesn't have one!!! ;)

Both very nice, Andy, maybe a touch of magenta in both, but I do like the compositions. What was the shutter speed in the waterfall?

Thanks Chris. I'm beginning to suspect that people are seeing magenta even in my black and white stuff now. :D

Shutter speed was, if I remember correctly, 1/8th or maybe 1/15th at f16

Very nice set, @Mrs Snap . I think I prefer the pottery one, although perhaps the colours need a little tweaking. I'm guessing you let that @Andysnap PP them?

I'm in several minds about the Don't Throw Stones one. Good spot, for a start, tells a great story. The rigorous division into highly contrasting horizontal bands is very unusual and arresting (sky, bar, sky, grass, bar, swirly trees, bricks, bar, bricks and sign); I think the red sign really lifts it by providing a different shape.

The second one is another good spot and viewpoint, magenta in the colours is an issue here.

Great stuff though. You really got to grips with that Voigtlander in a short time. It's a nice camera, isn't it? Pity Andy doesn't have one!!! ;)

Auto colour correct, not my fault blame Photoshop. ;)

Some Portra 160 in the Z-1 from the Lumsdale Valley:

1)

2)

3)

Very pleased with the latter, handheld, albeit braced against a tree!

Couple of Acros from Lumsdale in the MX, possibly 35mm f/2 lens (so a couple of stops advantage over the 24-50 on the Z-1):

4)

5)

Liking all of those Carl, lovely detailed shots.

Very nice set of colour shots Chris, I feel they may lack a bit of magenta but otherwise spot on. :D

The black and white shots are both very good, I really like the 2nd one.

Andy

Very nice set of colour shots Chris, I feel they may lack a bit of magenta but otherwise spot on. :D

The black and white shots are both very good, I really like the 2nd one.

Andy

Thanks Andy. Carl's shots are excellent; great vision again!

A few Acros from the Magpie Mine. This was my first roll of Acros, either ever or for a very long time, devved by Filmdev (I know, should have done my own, I'll do the next one myself). 24mm? ETA: 28mm except for the last, using the 17mm Tamron.

6)

7) That tree... havered over a couple of versions, but decided I like this one with @Andysnap in it (if I'm not mistaken) to give a sense of scale)

8) Looking up from the cage...

9) Cable drum

10) Horse-driven winding gear replica

Last edited:
Some Portra 160 in the Z-1 from the Lumsdale Valley:

1)

2)

3)

Very pleased with the latter, handheld, albeit braced against a tree!

I love the second one Chris, the leaves and faint shadows on the walk way make it look very nice and autumnal.

Thanks Andy. Carl's shots are excellent; great vision again!

Thanks chaps :)

Definitely looks much more, I dunno, sinuous maybe(?) compared to my version! Very nice. I found that waterfall impossible to get straight, water going every which way. Think you've cracked it...

A couple of edits from the M645J. These are the small sized scans so are pushed a bit too far but I've just got the negatives back in the post so will re-scan them myself.

Mamiya - Pro 400H

IMG_1475324007.585615.jpg

IMG_1475324028.769519.jpg

I always forget that the Cokin P filter holder clips the top corners of the 35/3.5 [emoji35]

IMG_1475324046.313114.jpg

Last edited:
Why am I dancing with my tripod?

Ok, I've re-scanned some of the shots I liked and edited them to suit. I've converted a few to B&W because I didn't like the colour results (really wish I'd taken some Acros!);

29460303834_47c63567ff_z.jpg

29973248162_bee0da09d6_z.jpg

29460029884_8d4686b6ec_z.jpg

29793082310_83b47d3e42_z.jpg

29973410462_3a23026cc5_z.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Excellent shots Steve, the square definitely works on the one above. Maybe a lttle straighten as well?

There are some cracking shots in here guys going to have to sit on mine for ages so they look new and fresh when I finally scan them.

Magenta pah! It's like taupe, not a real colour an invention to make the oppressed colour-blinders lives more difficult. :mad::D

Very nice, Nick, specially the last... the sort of image that's really hard for a "full frame" camera with most lenses (I got a similar shot with a small sensor compact once, but yours is much better).

Why would the film numbers be showing through?

Back