Pics with new lens.more pics added

Name
paul holder
Edit My Images
Yes
hi all. wife got me a new lens for birthday so went out with it today to take some test shots.

let me know what you think guys...

4372933681_07d2449ce6_o.jpg

4373688012_6bdbc59388_o.jpg

Last edited:
not quite there are they? a little soft?

A Tamron 70-300 LD-Di tele macro

getting used to the lens really. just test shots to be honest. first time i have used it..

i'd say pretty damn good for your 1st outing with new toy:D

yeah quite pleased. the robin could have been alot better but when you've got 2 small kids and a dog its hard to just have time to be quite to get the shot

The buzzard was just lucky i guess....was on way home in the car when i saw him sat near the side of the road...managed to stop and fire of a few but this was the best of the bunch.

it was quite overcast so had to use open apeture so cant complain...will maybe stalk him for a bit and see where he goes and then maybe sit and wait

Hi Paul, congrats on your new pressie :D You have indeed done well for the first time, like anything a few test shots and finding when your lens performs best will soon get you in the comfort zone ;) Oh and leaving the kids and dog at home might help :LOL: You were almost there with the Buzzard (y) but unless you know where they hang out and do a bit of fieldcraft then most are usually chance shots. Did a quick edit on the Robin to show that all is not as bad as it seems, hope you like. Added a bit of contrast and reduced the yellow slightly, and finally a sharpen and then reduced the sharpening down a bit.

RR.jpg

I use the Tamron lens a lot, and its a very nice lens, nice couple of shot there.

Better effort at anything flying I have ever managed....

ROBIN.....just goes to show what lurks underneath an image...great Mod.

keith

great edit on the robin. Thanks rich. Am going out one day next week (am off work at the moment waiting for an operation!!!!) to a local park that has a small pond with a pair of resident kingfishers.......

I can but hope!

That is an excellent edit Rich, you need to give some of us lessons. I agree leaving distractions at home could be a good move towards better shots. Nice pressy from the wife though, wish mine bought me lenses, instead of shirts and things :(

Last edited:
Are they getting better?

4421424347_0cb9c69100.jpg

4422189510_b3e33d9912.jpg

Couple of nice first time shots with new len's. I like the robin shots and yes they are getting better.
What a good wife you have. If you ever want to swap with mine please PM me to come to an agreement. LoL
Paul.

Looking good paul (y) Both nice and sharp, you have a strong light on the Robin which is never easy for shooting any bird but you have not blown the detail in it so that is good, you have managed a nice dof which is another plus :) #2 is well captured, not sure what focal length was used and subject distance with that but a larger image might improve it a bit more. Has she bought you any more kit yet? :D

Couple of nice first time shots with new len's. I like the robin shots and yes they are getting better.
What a good wife you have. If you ever want to swap with mine please PM me to come to an agreement. LoL
Paul.

yes a very good wife. and no sorry cant swap as i want more tog stuff lol!!

Looking good paul (y) Both nice and sharp, you have a strong light on the Robin which is never easy for shooting any bird but you have not blown the detail in it so that is good, you have managed a nice dof which is another plus :) #2 is well captured, not sure what focal length was used and subject distance with that but a larger image might improve it a bit more. Has she bought you any more kit yet? :D

number 2 was shot at about 270-280, almost full zoom, and he/she was about 30 feet away.
No she has not got me anything else yet but their is talk of some lighting kit :):):)
We can but hope:D:D:D

Hi Paul,the first shot are a nice try with the new lens,the second robin is much better, birds in flight are not easy even with the best kit,when trying birds in flight (and dont take this advice the wrong way if you already use these settings)use alservo,and continuous shoot,have all your focus points on,this will help track the bird,when doing static shots use the central focus point only and focus on the birds eye,hope this helps ,
regards john.

Back