Picture Styles

Edit My Images
Yes
I am led to believe that the picture style setting on the EOS 5 D has no effect when shooting RAW, if this is so,why does Andy Rouse say in his review on the 5D, " Set the picture style to Faithful when shooting RAW" ?

Dunno why he says that, but I have mine set to B&W all the time on my 30D.

Is there any other format? ;) I always shoot RAW. If I ever do shoot jpg I keep it in b&w too.

I have my RAW setting at faithful, when you open the image in Digital Photo Professional it's set at faithful. You can then change it to any style you like, just saves having it at any other style, you can then change as you like.

I have my RAW setting at faithful, when you open the image in Digital Photo Professional it's set at faithful. You can then change it to any style you like, just saves having it at any other style, you can then change as you like.

Yeah if you use DPP you can. If you use Lightroom or Photoshop it ignores it and resets it to default.

why does Andy Rouse say in his review on the 5D, " Set the picture style to Faithful when shooting RAW" ?

Possibly because even when shooting RAW, the histogram relfects the JPEG settings?

Back