Pictures in the park in Autumn

Edit My Images
No
Hi all

I'm planing on doing some shots in our local park which has loads of beautiful trees and lovely autumn setting. I'm planing on shooting kids, a few lively running around shots and a few portrait type shots. I have a canon 60d , canon 70-200 l lens , a canon 24 -100mm f/4 l lens. I'm leaning towards my 70-200 to use for this shoot? But I'm not convinced yet ? Any suggestions on camera settings and which lens would be best ? Taking into consideration that kids move fast ... Also any other suggestions ? Like shooting under trees ( well on the edge to maximise light but minimise glare ? Thank you.

Last edited:
Unless they are your own kids running around i would be very careful due to a lot of people taking offence you could end up with a bit of trouble on your hands, i would stick to shooting trees etc.

A lot of my shoots for families are in the local parks and woodlands. I almost exclusivley use the 70-200 mostly at around f4 with a little fill flash from an SB600.

This is one recently of my daughter in Nowton Park;

Jessica
by Don't like to be Bored, on Flickr

HTH

Nick

Thanks for that (y)

That one was shot at 1/500 f3.5 iso200 about 8m away on full frame. Fill flash is done on camera with an SB600. I find that when doig shoots of kids that althought they will be tolerant of a certain amount of posed shots that can be set up most of the best stuff is more natural and a decent flash gun on camera just lifts the shadows enough for me. I usually have the flash at -2/3 of a stop so that is doesnt over power the shot too much.

Tractor Boy said:
Thanks for that (y)

That one was shot at 1/500 f3.5 iso200 about 8m away on full frame. Fill flash is done on camera with an SB600. I find that when doig shoots of kids that althought they will be tolerant of a certain amount of posed shots that can be set up most of the best stuff is more natural and a decent flash gun on camera just lifts the shadows enough for me. I usually have the flash at -2/3 of a stop so that is doesnt over power the shot too much.

Great! Going to try this out with my monkeys today in the park.

Back