Picturesque Postcard

S

stupar

Final image from my outing to the harbour on Wednesday night.
I'm not usually one for doing borders etc but thought this image suited the layout.

Best viewed on black here

7748778626_040196836d_b_d.jpg

Hi Stuart

Really love your photo, I also viewed some of your work on your flickr site. wow mate, a bit lost for words just brilliant (y)

Now where me camera I want to be that good too :LOL:

Not so keen on the border, but I like the image, good light&sky and the FG boats anchor the composition very well.
You have a slight halo around the middle dinghy, it looks as though you have tried to pull some detail back into it, hence the slight halo.

Hi Stuart

Really love your photo, I also viewed some of your work on your flickr site. wow mate, a bit lost for words just brilliant (y)

Now where me camera I want to be that good too :LOL:

Thanks Dave, I know I have come a long way but I think I still have a lot to learn yet.
I appreciate your kinds words though.

Beautiful shot!

Thanks!

Not so keen on the border, but I like the image, good light&sky and the FG boats anchor the composition very well.
You have a slight halo around the middle dinghy, it looks as though you have tried to pull some detail back into it, hence the slight halo.

Understandable that not everyone is a border person but I think Yv hit on a good point, a good solid mount would do this print justice.
The halo must be very slight because I can only just make it out but even then it doesn't appear as obvious as some halo's do.
This was three bracketed shots so pulling back of detail was minimal to none.

Thanks for your constructive crit though Les, appreciate it

Stunning shot, exposure is spot on as too is the light captured on the boats. One for canvas and on the wall.(y)

Rocket said:
Stunning shot, exposure is spot on as too is the light captured on the boats. One for canvas and on the wall.(y)

Cheers Tony!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great image Stuart. I like the border too, especially when against the black background.

Delta Skies said:
Fantastic image. I love the glow on the building and harbour wall.

h14nha said:
Great image Stuart. I like the border too, especially when against the black background.

Ned said:
All of the above & more. First rate!!

snipsnap said:
Gorgeous, rich colours!

Wonderful photograph!!

Speedy136 said:
One to be proud of!

Thanks guys, I'm glad you all like it.

5*, absolutely stunning. It is picture perfect. And it can go on anything walls, calendars, postcards.

Back