Pier into the storm

It's a really good idea and a very sharp picture, but it's bugging me that the camera doesn't appear central to the peir! >.<

Not really doing a lot for me April, a bit grey and uninteresting!
It also slopes to the right which shouldn't really happen on this type of shot.
Sorry :(

Taking all of the advice on board, I bet this could buff up into a gorgeous image, the chewy or whatever it is on the floor keeps getting my eye but I really like the picture.

Taking all of the advice on board, I bet this could buff up into a gorgeous image, the chewy or whatever it is on the floor keeps getting my eye but I really like the picture.

What would you do with it. I'm only novice and so far editing isn't my strong point

It wasn't chewy - part of the boards had been scraped of the top coat. I've not done a content aware and it looks better - thanks for pointing it out

It's a really good idea and a very sharp picture, but it's bugging me that the camera doesn't appear central to the peir! >.<

When I st up the tripod as central I was getting too much beach on the left side showing thro' the rails which made it look even more lopsided and took away what I wanted to portray as a path to the impending storm at the end of the pier. Thanks for comments

Nice idea, but I think it would have been better with less pier, and a lot more moody sky.

I like this I think it has real potential to be a cracker. Its just I feel the composition needs tweaking. I would also include a bit more storm cloud for some added drama. Secondly the leading lines from the edge of the frame are at different heights, that distracts the eye somewhat. I would aim for perfect symmetry where possible. Great effort though, thanks for sharing.

Many thanks for the constructive feedback Danie - its most appreciated

I like your thinking here.....I love the pier and its only 5mins away but i have never managed to get a clear shot.......always someone wanting to walk up or down it........give me a shout if your over this way and ill join you if you dont mind

I was the only one (oh except a lone angler) who was daft enough to be out!! Will let you know when I 'm next planning a trip

Back