pillars b/w

Edit My Images
Yes
any advice would be great thanks:thumb:
pillersbwweb.jpg

see below for full size I will try harder

image is abit small steve ,can u post a bigger image please

Love it! What is it? It's kind of post apocalyptic, but don't know what it should be!!!!

Interesting shot - I like it. Needs a bit more work on the mono conversion though IMHO, curves, levels and USM. Probably also could do with a nice simple frame too.

pillars.jpg

Good subject...reminds me of LORs. Agree some Mono tweaking is needed to bring the best of it out.

thanks all for your feedback I only have elaments4 so curves ect are not pos
maybe should upgrade

HIMUPNORTH said:
What is it? It's kind of post apocalyptic

Exactly what I thought. It looks like a still from 'Apocalypse Now' Definitely a candidate for some HDR processing. :)

stevec said:
thanks all for your feedback I only have elaments4 so curves ect are not pos
maybe should upgrade
If you shoot in RAW you could do the curves bit in Rawshoother (Pro ?).
Post a link to the full size colour version and I'm sure one of the mono experts will give you the benefit of their skills ;)

Its a great picture and something that as subject matter I would not have photographed.

I hate to echo what others have already said but thats the problem with commenting on pics after everyone else, anyway mfwild13 got it spot on when he said that it needed some minor tweeks, his example proves that.

As you only have Elements, it maybe worth downloading a trial of Photoshop or better still since you are not familiar with it yet go for Paint Shop Pro as it is just as capable but works differently. Both are available as a free 1 month trial and after that PSP will cost you a fraction of the price of PS.

HTH

Back