Pines

Critique welcome
It's a tough one, I think I can see what you were going for, it's the type of thing I often consider photographing in woodland but then don't bother due to complexity of the scene and lighting so I admire your ambition for shooting it and putting it up on here. I think it seems very flat and overall for me there are too many crossing and overlapping elements. Sometimes complex scenes can work but really need strong light on the subject and far less light on the "messy" parts. I find that woodland often works better if you are outside the canopy looking in so that you get light fall-off deeper into the trees.

All that said I do like the tones and think that the right hand 2/3 could may be make an interesting image with a bit of processing but maintaining a reasonable composition without the left hand two trunks would probably be difficult.

Thanks sirch, yes the light was flat, I was going to return in better conditions, if the composition worked.
The trees on the right were what drew me the scene, might return to see if it can be redone.

Back