Piranha

Name
alex
Edit My Images
No
this is the first picture ive posted on here as i dont really consider any of my pics up to the standard of you guys,
as im just getting into photography
but id like to get your opinions anyway

I'm only using a 3mp point & shoot cam at the moment,
so my picture skills are limited.

i 'm upgrading to a 'canon s5 is' at Xmas
so hopefully things will improve.

any comments and critique on where i can improve would be appreciated as i take a lot of pictures of my fish

thankyou:)

P1010020Small.jpg

I used to have one of them :)

I think my main advice would be to look out for reflections, i am pretty new to photography too so someone else may correct my but i think the closer you get to the glass the less reflection you will get. Also by making the room dark i guess that would reduce it?

Cheers
Euge

Looks cute, not like he'd bite my finger off at all ;)

interesting new subject and to be honest you've made a decent job of it :) eeverson's assessment is pretty good (y)

And I used to have 3 piranha :) They were much darker in colour than yours.

One week after getting them I had 2 and a half! The other two spent many years separated by a sheet of glass. I was never scared to put my hand in the water as they weren't very brave :)
They were quite impressive when hungry and given a piece of meat!

Back to the problem. As said you have done pretty well with the picture. Close to the glass is good as you are trying to stop reflection of the flash from the front glass. Guess you should also consider reflection from the back glass and the fish too. Reflecting the flash back at the lens from anything will quench the flash early and give you a dark picture. Looks like it was perfect in the shot above :)

Fish in the middle of the frame is OK for a specimen type shot but it would be better to show what it is doing/where it is going/looking at for a composed photograph.

Back