Pistoia

NCV

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
No
I am new to this forum. My main photographic interest in Architectural photography.

I was in Pistoia, in Tuscany for work this week. As usual I got some sightseeing and some good Tuscan food in as well. I wanted to add a location to my Romanesque project. This town has some fine monuments, and seems to be somewhat off the tourism radar.

San Bartolomeo in Pantano took the form we see today in the second part of the Twelfth century. The striped lower façade is in the Pisan style, with an interesting lintel over the door depicting the Apostles. The inside takes the form of a typical basilica with three naves.

The most interesting part of this church is the pulpit. This pulpit has been dismantled and rebuilt a couple of times in different positions. The circular patterned panels come from elsewhere. It was built by a Lombard craftsman. The lion with his thick main and breasts left me perplexed about the sculptors zoology knowledge though.

The views of the buildings were taken with my 24mm PC attached to a Z7 via FTZ The interiors were taken using my monopod with feet method.

DSC_6869 3.jpg
DSC_6891_HDR.jpg
DSC_7496.jpg

DSC_7546.jpg

Here is the Duomo

DSC_6853.jpg

6 Battistero

DSC_6950.jpg

Back