pixapro macro mf12 not syncing to flash trigger

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
I have this and it is wonderful when it works but often it does not sync.
I looked at this video and did everything in it but
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-wq-DyzJ-M

The channel on the trigger and the flash are the same
Wif is on
The group is the same
The only problem is that when I change the power on the trigger the flash does not change at all - no sync.
Also the flash numbers are strange they go from 3.0 to 10.0

I have this and it is wonderful when it works but often it does not sync.
I looked at this video and did everything in it but
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-wq-DyzJ-M

The channel on the trigger and the flash are the same
Wif is on
The group is the same
The only problem is that when I change the power on the trigger the flash does not change at all - no sync.
Also the flash numbers are strange they go from 3.0 to 10.0
I've no experience with the MF12 itself, but there are a couple of general points about Godox which may be relevant.

The flash numbers 3.0 to 10.0 are studio flash type values - there should be an option to switch to the more familiar fractional notation somewhere in the trigger menus (you will probably need to hunt for it in the manual to figure it out. This setting mismatch MAY be the reason the flash isn't changing power levels.
While in the manual, there is also a setting for near/far trigger/flash distance - as you are using this for macro I assume you have the flash reasonably close to the trigger, so need to have it set for close range operation.

I have two of these I control with the X-PRO, I have noticed when I turn on the flash heads their power setting will not match what the X-Pro says it is. If I change the power via the controller the heads will sync up properly but I still need to do this every time I start them up so I can't just turn it all on and pick up where I left off from my last session.

That said my flash power values have been the familiar fraction/s straight out of the box and I can't say I have ever seen what you are experiencing with the 3.0-10.0 power levels.

I've no experience with the MF12 itself, but there are a couple of general points about Godox which may be relevant.

The flash numbers 3.0 to 10.0 are studio flash type values - there should be an option to switch to the more familiar fractional notation somewhere in the trigger menus (you will probably need to hunt for it in the manual to figure it out. This setting mismatch MAY be the reason the flash isn't changing power levels.
While in the manual, there is also a setting for near/far trigger/flash distance - as you are using this for macro I assume you have the flash reasonably close to the trigger, so need to have it set for close range operation.
That is interesting I had a look in the manual and I can't see how to do that.

I have two of these I control with the X-PRO, I have noticed when I turn on the flash heads their power setting will not match what the X-Pro says it is. If I change the power via the controller the heads will sync up properly but I still need to do this every time I start them up so I can't just turn it all on and pick up where I left off from my last session.

That said my flash power values have been the familiar fraction/s straight out of the box and I can't say I have ever seen what you are experiencing with the 3.0-10.0 power levels.
Everytime it is a lottery how long it will take to work - this time a very long time.

Just had a cycle through the menus of both X-Pro and MF-12 and I can't see any way of changing the power values to the way yours are showing.
I have never managed to do it before today - very annoying. I will try removing the batteries for a bit and see what happens.

That is interesting I had a look in the manual and I can't see how to do that.

Everytime it is a lottery how long it will take to work - this time a very long time.
A quick Goggle and look at the manual suggests it might be controlled via the 'STEP' function, but it's not obvious!

A quick Goggle and look at the manual suggests it might be controlled via the 'STEP' function, but it's not obvious!
The STEP function on my x-pro gives the option for 1/128 or 1/256 but no option for a decimal output. Not sure if there is a version difference between David's and mine or possibly a firmware update I haven't done.

Last edited:
The STEP function on my x-pro gives the option for 1/128 or 1/256 but no option for a decimal output. Not sure if there is a version difference between David's and mine or possibly a firmware update I haven't done.
The version of the manual I was looking at suggested you could also switch between 1/3 and 0.1 increments for those (IE there were 2 settings for each), but as you say it may well be a firmware change involved (either to add or remove the option!) - the only direct reference to the decimal settings was a note someone made for an older X1T (I think) where there were even more choices for the Step function.

Mine shows the option to set 2-10, 3-10 along with the 1/128 - 1/256 (0.1) & (3rd) options, I've not done any firmware updates.

My MF12 flashes work in all modes.

You say channels and groups match, has ID been changed?
ID matches as well.

I found a fix there is a reset button that did it - still a really complex setup.

I spoke too soon - it is not working again. I really hate this I am beginning to think it was a mistake.

Are the batteries strong, mine isn't keen on rechargable ones, but never does this.

If you're confident it's not user error, could you return them for exchange under warrenty?
Yes they are fully charged.
It is sadly over a year old :(

Have you tried new standard batteries just to make sure it's not down to the voltage drop of the rechargebles after a bit of use.
I will do - although I am using the batteries recommended by the person in the video.

I can't find it now but when I set mine up using an online tutorial I seem to recall needing to set the ID to 'off' on both the x-pro and mf12's. They have been working fine like that since I first did this over a year ago.

Last edited:
As long as the ID's match should be fine.
Its been a while and could be mistaken but I am pretty sure the tutorial made a point of the ID needing to be off. Not sure why and I am definitely no expert when it comes to studio lighting but it could be worth a try, nothing to lose anyway.

Last edited:
I can't find it now but when I set mine up using an online tutorial I seem to recall needing to set the ID to 'off' on both the x-pro and mf12's. They have been working fine like that since I first did this over a year ago.
I did that

Its been a while and could be mistaken but I am pretty sure the tutorial made a point of the ID needing to be off. Not sure why and I am definitely no expert when it comes to studio lighting but it could be worth a try, nothing to lose anyway.
Mine work in all ID's :)

Another thought, is the trigger still switching back to 3-10 from 1/128 for power display without you touching the menu? If so I'd guess the trigger is faulty.

Firmware update if there is one may help.
That is fixed it just won't sync. It did at 9am 12pm it didn't

It's possible, but I've had mine in lots of set ups and they've never missed a beat, I wonder if there is interferance from another device?
Maybe that is the reason because I moved it away from my PC and it worked. Or maybe it is temperamental. I use this with my MPE65 which I call a
Wonderful
Irritating
Fascinating
Expensive

Lens - I told my wife that acronym and she laughed - no idea why.

Back