PIXSY.com is broken

Name
MG
Edit My Images
No
Right, I've been using Pixsy for about 6 months and up until about 3 months ago i'd get low matches on my pictures - as expected.

However, recently i'm not getting any matches on new uploads. I'm not talking about people stealing my images and being exact matches, i'm talking about the very low basic matches.

For example I've uploaded some firework pictures the other night (about 10) and again i'm not getting any LOW matches.

If it's not detecting LOW value matches i can only assume it's also missing exact matches (not that i've had anyone steal my images) can only assume it's broken.

Anyone else experiencing this? How can i be 100% sure it's working correctly?

I've reached out to them.. but had no reply (been a few weeks).

Actually, just had an idea.

I've unlinked my flickr account which removed all my pictures and i've reauthorized flickr. It should 'technically' give me my matches from those old pictures which previously matched.

Let's see if it does... if so lets see if it matches any newer images.

I thought there was the option to update any online galleries you have linked to Pixsy. If you upload new pictures to any of your galleries, but don't update on Pixsy for it to see the new images, it doesn't look for matches for them, how can it!.:thinking: Every time you update a gallery you have linked with Pixsy, go there and update the link for the new pictures to be seen, and so Pixsy can then go and look for unauthorised uses.

Obviously if it is a new image of yours to the internet, it is unlikely it will find anything straight away, unless it is a well known scene that you have taken something very similar to, and probably won't be your image. You have to give people time to copy it, if they ever do. ;) :LOL:

If you have been uploading images to your various online galleries and not updating links, then Pixsy hasn't been broken at all. ;)

I thought there was the option to update any online galleries you have linked to Pixsy. If you upload new pictures to any of your galleries, but don't update on Pixsy for it to see the new images, it doesn't look for matches for them, how can it!.:thinking: Every time you update a gallery you have linked with Pixsy, go there and update the link for the new pictures to be seen, and so Pixsy can then go and look for unauthorised uses.

Obviously if it is a new image of yours to the internet, it is unlikely it will find anything straight away, unless it is a well known scene that you have taken something very similar to, and probably won't be your image. You have to give people time to copy it, if they ever do. ;) :LOL:

If you have been uploading images to your various online galleries and not updating links, then Pixsy hasn't been broken at all. ;)

This is my process... maybe it's user error... but i doubt it.

1) I upload my images to flickr
2) once a week (or normally when i've uploaded a batch) i login to pixsy > Import photo's > synchronize
3) I then leave it a while and check back my matches moving the slider to the left for less strict matches.

I don't think i'm doing anything wrong.

Plus, if my new images are showing on pixys surely they are entitled to be checked for matches unless i specifically state it not to .. and i'm way below my 500 image limit.

Right, I've been using Pixsy for about 6 months and up until about 3 months ago i'd get low matches on my pictures - as expected.

However, recently i'm not getting any matches on new uploads. I'm not talking about people stealing my images and being exact matches, i'm talking about the very low basic matches.

For example I've uploaded some firework pictures the other night (about 10) and again i'm not getting any LOW matches.

If it's not detecting LOW value matches i can only assume it's also missing exact matches (not that i've had anyone steal my images) can only assume it's broken.

Anyone else experiencing this? How can i be 100% sure it's working correctly?

I've reached out to them.. but had no reply (been a few weeks).

I am using COPYTRACK since one year and they constantly find images - the nice part - its for free and they service 140 countries.

Never had a problem with pixys matches ,still on my initial 500 free and just found a load more that have been recently stolen ,but I have had over two grand from them this year ,so they is definetly working

Back