pizza delivery people

I always do. usually a few quid on a £20 order.

nah not really, usually they screw up, we always tipped the chinese dilivery bloke in preston, as we never had to give them an address as they knew the phone number!

I'll usually just round it to a sensible number (depending on what's in my wallet) and tell them not to bother with change. With the price of fuel at the minute they need all the help they can get!

Go and get your own pizza ya lazy *^%$

I've been tempted to tip a few of them off their scooters in the past. They are a menace.

OMG! Duh! Of course you are! Poor blokes going through all that nasty traffic with a burning hot box against them! lol, seriously yes! 10% seems to be the norm here., back home it was 15-18% (ouch!!!!).

OMG! Duh! Of course you are! Poor blokes going through all that nasty traffic with a burning hot box against them! lol, seriously yes! 10% seems to be the norm here., back home it was 15-18% (ouch!!!!).

We don't live in a tipping society, so no a tip should'nt be given unless the service level reflects the need.

Re the nasty traffic.....they chose the job, they could have been brain surgeons if they wanted. :)

A guy I worked with at Joe's E6 told me how he and his girlfriend wound up a pizza delivery bloke once. They would order a pizza and each time the gf (a gorgeous tall blonde swede) would answer the door in ever more revealing outfits until finally one day the door opened to reveal fishnets, silk undies, the full works except my mate was the one wearing it :LOL:

Strangely they never saw that guy again :shrug:

have never tipped them and tbh they dont deserve it most of the time as they turn up 30-40 mins late. but sometimes there just looking for excuses like "oh do you have 10p as i havent got change so i just tell em to keep it

Can't say that I have to be honest. I tend to pay over the phone though via card, so It's not easy to tip without looking like a cheapskate :D

Generally I do, as long as they`re on time.

We`ve got some nutters around here that do it, Kamikaze Pizza Pilots they`re affectionately known as.

I live so far from a pizza outlet that I`d have to tip generously or I`d probably end up wearing the pizza if the delivery guy ever found our cottage in darkest West Wales.

Depends how long they take to deliver. If they say 40 minutes and it's over an hour, they get nothing. If they're on time, I usually bung a quid or so on top.

Saying that, it's pretty rare that I'll order a pizza because they're so flipping expensive where I live. It's usually when I've got a few mates round and no one is fit to drive to Tescos or cook in the kitchen ;)

as for where i live i have to pay an extra £5 to have delivered from the neaerest town i always open the boxes and check the quality of the pizza's, if the toppings have all slidden off to one side and im gonna have to reassemble my pizza before eating i dont tip - if it all looks good and its still hot i might say keep the change or give an extra couple of quid

I'm a tight git so no...nor do I like tipping the servers in resturants. The way I look at it is that they are already getting paid for doing the job which is reflected in the price I pay for something - be it delivering food, working in a resturant or in a department store. These people may only get minimum wage, but you don't tip people who work for minimum wage in a department store :shrug: do you?

I only tip if there's a reason to do so, like if someones gone out of their way to be helpful, no matter what the job etc. I don't tip someone for delivering something, as thats their job, nor do I tip a waiter/ess for serving me food, as it's their job. but if they're nice or they've done something extra they might get a few quid :)

I used to deliver for Pizza Hut! :p

Not on a moped though! I used to be in the Smart Car and use my own! :D

As for tips - it varied really! Some people felt they should and others felt that they didn't!

Delivery drivers for Pizza hut don't just deliver though - they help out in the kitchens as well!! So we had to see the whole order through from start to finish!! >_<

What about if the weather is particularly bad? It sucks most of the time in Scotland.

Back