Places for people shots

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Hi

I'm looking for info about good places to take people shots in the Glasgow area. Ideas welcome. Thanks in advance

John

Really depends on what kind of shots we're talking about?

Set up portraits? Candid street stuff?

I'm guessing you're in the southside from your Flickr pictures, there's a few places for the standard portrait shots - Pollok Park (especially the courtyard and around the house), Holmwood house in Cathcart, Queens Park (Along the row of trees leading to the Victoria RD entrance). If you're looking fo more grimey, urban (Sorry for the expression!) images you could take a drive down to Cardross for the day, there are loads of empty and decaying buildings along Tradestone, Pollokshaws, Arden, etc, and the tunnels under the M8 at Braehead with their graffiti.

If you're doing candid shots, I think the GOMA, outside the Buchanan Galleries and generally anywhere in the West End might be the better options.

Hi

Many thanks for your advice which is very much appreciated. Truth be told I was speaking about taking what you describe as candid portrait shots but am not very comfortable standing in a public place taking photos of people I don't know (find it a bit one the embarrassing side). The reason for me thinking about this type of shot is that I have recently learned how to use the camera in manual mode and am trying to find situations that present challenges is terms of setting changes in reactive situations etc. I went to a junior football match today and took shot photos - very much enjoyed the taking photos aspect but found the experience a bit on the embarrassing side. Will just have to keep practicing. Many thanks once again

Back