Beginner Places in Bristol to take pictures

Hello! There actually aren't a great deal of "classic" landscape locations in Bristol, but what we do have is a great deal of cityscape and street type locations. Here's a little map of some places in the centre:

1. Very classic viewpoint of the Clifton Suspension bridge from the top
2. Also classic looking back towards the bridge up Avon Gorge
3. Brandon Hill - tricky to find compositions but great view
4. The whole area around M Shed & the waterfront is great, including Millenium Bridge
5. Viewpoint looking towards the Thekla & a classic row of coloured houses
6. Twice a year Castle Park has some beautiful blossoms on the trees which might be worth checking out
7. View towards the SS Great Britain from the harbour

If you're really after the wild, open spaces then we are close enough to:
1. The Mendip hills....amazing!
2. The Brecon Beacons national park....everything you could want as a landscape photographer
3. The Gower Peninsula....for those calming seascapes

I have shots from most of these places on my Insta :)

Enjoy!

Last edited:
We were thinking of maybe moving to Bristol a year or two ago, saw a couple of properties, went up to Blaise Castle.

There's a 650 acre Estate, quite central, carpark, free entry, folly, waterfall, views.

There's plenty around especially if you like the more urban type of shot. I very rarely photograph in Bristol even though I'm a few miles from the centre. We much prefer the Mendips, Brecon's, Quantocks, Jurassic Coast.....

Hello! There actually aren't a great deal of "classic" landscape locations in Bristol, but what we do have is a great deal of cityscape and street type locations. Here's a little map of some places in the centre:

1. Very classic viewpoint of the Clifton Suspension bridge from the top
2. Also classic looking back towards the bridge up Avon Gorge
3. Brandon Hill - tricky to find compositions but great view
4. The whole area around M Shed & the waterfront is great, including Millenium Bridge
5. Viewpoint looking towards the Thekla & a classic row of coloured houses
6. Twice a year Castle Park has some beautiful blossoms on the trees which might be worth checking out
7. View towards the SS Great Britain from the harbour

If you're really after the wild, open spaces then we are close enough to:
1. The Mendip hills....amazing!
2. The Brecon Beacons national park....everything you could want as a landscape photographer
3. The Gower Peninsula....for those calming seascapes

I have shots from most of these places on my Insta :)

Enjoy!
Brutal! Many thanks, I have been here for 2.5 years.. so I have visited all this but without real camera! Amazing and detailed explanation. Cheers

You can get some great shots on the Clifton Bridge, not just the landscape, but the mechanical bits that make up the bridge too.

So many places out & about, my son lives in Bristol so we're over there regularly.

Back