Places near London to photography Hobbies Late August

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
I think the best two places are Rainham Marshes or Elmley Nature Reserve.
Any thoughts? Any better places?

Isn't there a place near the nuclear power plant in Essex? I know there is a lot of marsh barriers there. But have seen records of hobbies there not sure about the time of year thou

Isn't there a place near the nuclear power plant in Essex? I know there is a lot of marsh barriers there. But have seen records of hobbies there not sure about the time of year thou
Do you mean Bradwell? It would have to be quite good to justify going there instead of somewhere nearer.

RSPB site at Sandy generally has Hobbies. I watched them for over an hour last year.

Woodberry wetlands in London has had sightings of hobbys throughout the summer.

A quick Google of London bird sightings throughs up some great Twitter feeds and websites that may help. Never new there was some many reserves popping up in London town

I think the best two places are Rainham Marshes or Elmley Nature Reserve.
Any thoughts? Any better places?
Elmley is not great for Hobbies, I have seen the odd one but always a long way off, good place to visit though but the rules do state you are not permitted to get out of your car on the drive and there is a honesty box for payment on the main reserve gate. They are closed on Tuesdays.

Back