Plane over London

well caught- right place, right time,- right experience

I love this shot :clap:

Les ;)

A rather cool shot of one of EKs many A380 I believe they now have 5 of those beasts into LHR daily now :eek:

yep A380's are now departing and arriving at heathrow daily and British Airways have got a couple now but I have yet to go and see one take off.

yep A380's are now departing and arriving at heathrow daily and British Airways have got a couple now but I have yet to go and see one take off.

BA's looks just the same as the rest with a different paint sceme...

They had an opertunity to really make it stand out instead its almost 'bland'....:D

some tit commenting on 9-11 possibly,like it :)

Everyone is entitled to their thoughts I suppose... I suppose it has that kind of connotation... personally, I just saw a hulking great building with a plane breaking through the rainclouds

Last edited:

They have been for years :D have BA taken there second 380 yet I knew it was coming soon as it was returned to TLS for delivery lots of 380 variety at LHR :) I wonder if we ever will see a VS one

They have been for years :D have BA taken there second 380 yet I knew it was coming soon as it was returned to TLS for delivery lots of 380 variety at LHR :) I wonder if we ever will see a VS one

I'm not completely sure if they have a second one.

That St Georges Wharf? Planes like that used to annoy the hell out of me as they flew literally straight over my flat in Vauxhall (straight under where that plane is in the image, if I got my bearings right).

Love the composition.

jon-stewart-popcorn.gif

Nice shot! I've skim read the thread and seen numerous references to Tits. You need to be careful as even the smallest bird can cause disproportionate damage to an aircraft during a birdstrike.

Top job,

Cheesy

Agreed, even small tits can cause a catastrophe. Don't even think about big ones.

Like the shot by the way :)

Nice shot Pat (y)

Was the timing totally accidental or did you see the aircraft approaching from the other side and timed your shot accordingly?

Nice shot Pat (y)

Was the timing totally accidental or did you see the aircraft approaching from the other side and timed your shot accordingly?

We were just holding position, waiting for the right boats to come into lens range, and I looked up and saw the plane just going behind the building so hoped it would emerge in view and not obscured by clouds.

Back