Planning a day out for landscapes.....

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
hi guys,
My daughter Caroline is home from Sydney for a few weeks, and I'm off next week, so we fancy having a day out taking some landscape shots. (More for pleasure than anything else, but would like to try and get some good shots)
We would like a combination of river/loch/mountains etc, so we're thinking about the Loch Awe/Glencoe area.
We are in Prestwick so a 2-3hr drive can cover a large area. We are prepared to travel further afield if required.
Just looking for some suggestions or thoughts etc.
We would plan to leave early enough to get to where we end up before sunrise etc.

If you are considering Loch Awe/Glencoe have a look at Loch Etive too. It is about 10 miles or so from the A82 close to the Kings House Hotel to the head of the loch and glen is spectacular.
It would be only another 20 or so miles from Glencoe village to Glen Nevis. From close to the car park just before the road in the glen crosses the River Nevis gives great views on the Mamores and the car park a little further on is a good place if you want to do the short walk to the Steall Waterfall.

However, I don't know the snow conditions just now. The main roads will be open but roads into Glen Etive and Glen Nevis may not.

Dave

Cheers guys.
Loch awe and glencoe is where we'll go, and see if there's time for loch etive

Back