Planning a trip to Norwich

Name
Gil
Edit My Images
Yes
Planning a 3 - 4 day getaway perhaps down the Kings Lynn - Norwich coast line stopping at different places each day and night maybe to include Norwich itself. Wondered if anybody has recommendations of places to stay, things to see and do that are worth taking the camera for. Also maybe plan a day for bird watching so recommendations on local birding spots.

Might be keen to have a go at some shots of the windmills at Thurne after getting inspiration from @paul100

Many b and b's around this area won't do a single night stay, gave up when we wanted to do something similar to yourself.

Ended up in the Lincolnshire Wolds, nice countryside and less greedy guest house owners, not anywhere near as busy either.

Cromer throws up lots of interesting photos, been there a few times and it has a certain something. Search flickr as well.
Cromer looks lovely. Some really nice seaside shots on Flickr as you had recommended. Definitely somewhere to add to our shortlist.

All kicked off a bit in Cromer last weekend, West Runton and Sheringham too.

Pubs shut early as did some eateries too, some talk of it being travellers, but not confirmed by the police.
Theft, drunkenness and punch ups by the sound of it, young woman raped on Friday night too, but not sure if that was linked to the other agro.

I went thereally for the day earlier in the year and it was banged out with oap's, train from Norwich was rammed with oldies on cheapo/free rail tickets
Nice enough day out, went to West Runton and walked back along the beach to Cromer, prefer Old Hunstanton, Wells and Brancaster myself

Plenty of beaches and windmills about if that's what you're looking for.
I believe Herringfleet has a couple of sails off so that might be one to miss sadly. Horsey I'm not sure about although the cap is on, but you could take a 25 min walk to Brograve, which is a poor derelict mill over the river? Further along there's Winterton and Happisburgh with some great features and the lighthouse. So much to do although can't help with accommodation as don't live local in Norfolk.

In looks like we will be going to King's Lynn, Hunstanton and Wells by the sea - so not as far South as anticipated.

In looks like we will be going to King's Lynn, Hunstanton and Wells by the sea - so not as far South as anticipated.

seals at blakeny point
beans seal trips...
:D

King's Lynn is not great for anything in my opinion. Heading up the coast from there though you have a Castle at Castle Rising(!), Sandringham which is lovely to walk around and photographically King's Avenue I think has some potential. You have Hunstanton next which is the obvious sunset location as it is the only West facing beach in East Anglia. Next up, the Coastal villages of Thornham, Brancaster and Burnham. Not much there but they have there own beauty and are worth a look. Holkham Hall is where I would head, either for a walk around the Deer Park or the Beach. Next up is the capital of North Norfolk, Wells. But if you are going that far and want to photograph a windmill this time of year I would be battering golden hour at Stiffkey personally...

King's Lynn is not great for anything in my opinion. Heading up the coast from there though you have a Castle at Castle Rising(!), Sandringham which is lovely to walk around and photographically King's Avenue I think has some potential. You have Hunstanton next which is the obvious sunset location as it is the only West facing beach in East Anglia. Next up, the Coastal villages of Thornham, Brancaster and Burnham. Not much there but they have there own beauty and are worth a look. Holkham Hall is where I would head, either for a walk around the Deer Park or the Beach. Next up is the capital of North Norfolk, Wells. But if you are going that far and want to photograph a windmill this time of year I would be battering golden hour at Stiffkey personally...
Thanks very much. Lots of suggestions I'll be sure to incorporate into our intenary.

Back