Plastic Card Printers

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
We have been approached to produce some ID cards for a local property company who will also be issuing them to contractors who maintain their premises. The initial order will be for less than 100 cards so not a big earner but maybe another avenue to explore.

Anyone any idea on retail prices for these (the cards) as it's the first time we
have been asked for this sort of product. Also any recommendations for printers (single or double sided printing)

Thanks in advance

Brian

you can get self sealing laminate pouches (as well as one that go through a laminator) - which allow you do cut down a photographic print then laminate - ideal for smaller quantities.

Try Photomart for ID card printers - a few other companies too. There is also a few data choices - what kind of stripe if needed - chip - security laminates with holograms etc....

I'm sure you could also find a service provider who will output for you - which could be an option until you build volume...

Thanks everyone and especially Mark.

Looking at the Evolis range at the moment and doing a wee bit of mathematics to see if it's viable to spend about £1500 on a printer.

I have a laminator Dave but not what the client wants as it's the cheapest option for me.

we have one at work for gym memberships but cannot remember the make, will check tomorrow, only problem we have now and again is the print roll some times sticks but generally a reliable machine plus we get a free 24hr replacement if we do have a problem.

We may even be able to help if you are interested as I see you are Durham and our printer is in Washington.
Drop me a pm if you want and we might be able to print them for you

Are you looking to encode the cards for an access control system or just print cards to insert in a lanyard for visible checking? I work at a football stadium and we have a number of systems in place which cover both of the above scenarios. Let me know if you need any info, contacts etc...

Steve

I used a company called Pixl in Co Durham, excellent service, great quality and really quick - they both sell the machines or just print the cards if you prefer.

I use an Evolis Pebble 4 and I think its brill.

We sell our images printed straight on the cards at sports events.

We market them as 'wallet portraits' and charge £6 each or 2 for £10.

Far quicker that creating keyrings and much more cost effective.

Its surprising how many other uses you find for it once you have the facility. I now print a selection of my business cards on the printer.

I use an Evolis Pebble 4 and I think its brill.

We sell our images printed straight on the cards at sports events.

We market them as 'wallet portraits' and charge £6 each or 2 for £10.

Far quicker that creating keyrings and much more cost effective.

Its surprising how many other uses you find for it once you have the facility. I now print a selection of my business cards on the printer.

How much was the printer and the materials Jerm ?

Back